Thread: ITAC changes. Chairman resigns.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Today I felt the need to return to the IT site. Since I moved to the dark side I don't frequent the IT site. Reading this thread saddens me way out there.

Andy, Jake, Kirk, Scott, thank you for the value you added to the IT world.
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

Time to write your letter, Chris!

Mine was posted in another thread, about changing the CRB membership. It was perhaps less direct than Ron's, but oh well.

One key point I think needs to be stated, following up on a key point of this discussion.

The CRB, as I understand it, wants to qualify the classifications and adjustments based on on-track results - which the ITAC, reflecting my opinion and the opinion of much of the IT community, at least online, does not agree with.

The reason qualifying and modifying classifications based on on-track performance does NOT make any sense for IT is specifically because IT is a Regional-only class. Comp Adjustments for other classes are based on Runoffs results. Those results presume the drivers and cars presented are at the top of the heap, and competing on a level playing field - same track, same time.

This situation does NOT exist for IT. At least not yet. Without opening the whole Regional-only/National can of worms, you simply cannot make these assumptions for IT.

Personally, I think this distinction is just as fundamental as the # of cars which the ITAC has to achieve parity among, if not more so.
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

Quote Originally Posted by 924Guy View Post
    The reason qualifying and modifying classifications based on on-track performance does NOT make any sense for IT is specifically because IT is a Regional-only class. Comp Adjustments for other classes are based on Runoffs results. Those results presume the drivers and cars presented are at the top of the heap, and competing on a level playing field - same track, same time.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Driver skills, individual car prep levels, track environments, etc. can be all over the spectrum. So how could you ever measure these things to do car classification and competition adjustments, with IT being regionals-only racing?
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series