Thread: ITAC changes. Chairman resigns.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle7 View Post
    I think the principles and methodology that the ITAC has developed is absolutely essential. Somehow we've got to get the the CRB to buy into it.
    Seems like a stretch to think they are going to buy into the ITAC process. But the weak arguments they might use against it though are simply not good enough:
    "We've never done it that way"

"We've been doing this for 40 years, we know what we're doing"

"Our method works great for National classes, it will work for IT"

"We didn't agree to the ITAC process"
    Arguments along those lines are mote. Why?

Because last time I checked the SCCA was a club. And if IT drivers decide we're going to do X via the ITAC then the CRB better damn well get with the program and push to get X done. Otherwise they'll find a lot of their grassroots core membership racing in other venues and clubs. There shouldn't be any compromise with the CRB as the ITAC should be calling the shots for what happens withing the IT framework.

All the IT racers mandate white cars for 2011? Then they should be white, not a compromise gray from CRB input.

I'm sure the CRB will always pull the "the ITAC can't know what all racers think" out of the hat. That excuse is used in all sorts of discussions involving a population. It is going on right now in Wake County/Raleigh with the new school board. But you know, you can't ever know what 100% of a population wishes. All you can do is use the methods available to you to sample the population and move on. In this day and age that is done via internet forums and email communication. Sorry, if you're an IT racer and not involved enough with the IT community to have a read on the interwebz from time to time, well, I doubt you're that passionate about IT racing.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 01-30-2010 at 11:32 AM.