Thread: ITAC changes. Chairman resigns.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Having not read or heard from the other side of this soap opera I have a couple of questions to ask before I think about writing any letters to the CRB or BoD.

Was the Process something the CRB tasked the ITAC with?
    If so, did the CRB work with the ITAC to develop the Process guidelines?

If both answers are yes, then the ITAC needs to work with the CRB to see that objective to its end.

If both are no, then what did you expect and what was achieved by resigning?
    Tom Sprecher

Quote Originally Posted by tom_sprecher View Post
    Having not read or heard from the other side of this soap opera I have a couple of questions to ask before I think about writing any letters to the CRB or BoD.

Was the Process something the CRB tasked the ITAC with?
    If so, did the CRB work with the ITAC to develop the Process guidelines?

If both answers are yes, then the ITAC needs to work with the CRB to see that objective to its end.

If both are no, then what did you expect and what was achieved by resigning?
    The CRB worked with us to develop the Process. The CRB rubber stamped Process-based additions and changes to all IT classes for years. The CRB has recently had a fundamental shift in what to look at when classing cars that is outside the comfort zone of some of the members, like me.

So when I came to realize that what once was is not anymore, and I didn't agree with it nor thought it represented what the members want, I stepped down to make way for volunteers that did.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

i think the feeling i have with SCCA BOD/CRB mirrors my feelings with what is happening with our country's politics.

i feel that no one is in touch with the members/citizens and some policy decisions are not based on what is needed but is based on agendas.

the ITAC is irrevelant when the CRB can trump them and the CRB is just as irrevelant since the BOD trumps them (e.g., H&NR).

i should finish my note this weekend. i am trimming out some of the sarcasm but since logic has not worked with the last few letters, i think i might as well not try that route this last time and ~50% of the sarcasm will remain.
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Thanks, Andy. Sorry about the soap opera comment, but this sounds a lot like what my wife as President of the PTA is going through with the Principal.
    Tom Sprecher

A HUGE part of the problem here is that there exactly no consistency in what each participant in the conversation means when they say "process." I've tried to be as explicit as I can, trying to use the proper noun if you will - Process - only to refer to what the ITAC was doing in the period between approximately Jan-Aug 2009.

Even when I first started on the committee, it was wobbly.

It's clear in hindsight that the CRB did *not* task us with pushing the "transparent and repeatable" pieces as far as we did. They tacitly went along with the ITAC making "corrections" under E&O for quite a while, clear to me over the first 12 months of my participation.

Do note though, Tom, that there are NO prescribed systems in place by which any of the ad hoc committees derive the recommendations that they make to the CRB.

As far as what was accomplished by resignation? I can't speak for anyone but myself but for me, it was a matter of being backed into a corner. I was directed to not participate in web board discussions like this, by a CRB member (ostensibly representing the entire Board), through Andy. I was absolutely not going to agree to that, but I wasn't going to ignore it either. Believe it or not but I quit out equal parts (1) an idealist's view that I owed it to members to not be a hypocrite about transparency, and (2) a desire to not leave Andy stuck between the messenger and me.

K
    Last edited by Knestis; 01-30-2010 at 04:15 PM.