Thread: ITAC changes. Chairman resigns.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Here is my letter sent to the CRB last night:

To whom it may concern:

I am an IT racer from the NeOhio region. Member # 388701. I am writing in support of the ITAC classification system that has been in use for the last few years.

In my mind, the ITAC process has been successful in making IT racing into the attractive proposition that it is. For purposes of IT, no other car classification system should be used that does not adhere to the basic core tenets of the ITAC classification philosophy. This implies a strict adherence to honesty, transparency, and consistency when introducing new cars into IT and making reasonable and necessary adjustments to existing cars. Granted, there can be no failproof classing system. But the recent direction of the CRB, and, above it, the BoD seems to suggest that arbitrary methods of classification are sufficient. In my mind, and in the minds of many others in the IT community, such measures are NOT acceptable for our category. For example, IT is a regional class. We do not have true "halo" events (such as the SCCA Runoffs and June Sprints) to provide sufficient evidence to allow for car classing to based on anything other than what is entailed in the general philosophy of the ITAC, for lack of a better alternative that is yet to be identified and proposed.

Furthermore, under no circumstance are we in the IT community for a classing system that is not accessible to the IT membership. In fact, any process that is used should be published and made available for the general reference of the SCCA membership and the public at large, so as to ensure for fairness and accountability not only with the CRB and BoD, but the ITAC as well.

IT is the backbone of SCCA Club Racing. I am truly concerned that if IT becomes further destabilized, the category may lose everything that it has gained in the last few years, as well as its future. There are, after all, always going to be alternatives to IT racing.

Cordially,
    Chris Dercole
    Last edited by RedMisted; 02-01-2010 at 09:53 AM. Reason: cant tyype
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series