Thread: ITAC changes. Chairman resigns.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

That's really not good as that would be #3 in less than 6 months.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

Ugh. Not good. Not good at all. Beginning to look like 1789 all over again...

Sigh.

I look forward to Andy's side of the story; do keep us posted in the meantime...

GA

(P.S. I've been avoiding RRAX for a while now; as I explained to someone else, that place has become much like when you're digging through your dog's s**t in search of the gold trinket he swallowed, and when you find it you're wondering if it was worth the hassle...)

There really isn't a 'side' to the story. After months of consideration and reconsideration I simply believe it was time for me to move on. The vision I have (and have had) for IT, the way it should be governed, etc isn't meshing with the way the CRB wants to do things. This was NOT a quick decision, it was one I did not want to make and took many hours of thought and discussions with good friends and fellow members.

I have valued my time on the committee and am honored to have been chosen to participate by Rick Pocock. The teams I have worked with over the past 6 years have been awesome, both on the ITAC and the CRB.

I have conveyed what I perceive is best for IT, what I feel the members want and I feel at this time that the CRB is going in different directions. It's dissappointing but it happens. I have taken some hits and realize that currently, the war is not winnable for me so I needed to make way for new blood.

Thanks to all.
    Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 01-26-2010 at 02:29 PM.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Andy - we all appreciate the hard work and leadership. When it's time- it's time...

(Dammit - now the man won't be so friggin distracted he's only going to get faster....:-)

Greg - hit the nail on the head - no gold trinket in that pile...this site is a classier place
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Andy - Thanks for all you did and do. You are a class act and we are better for that.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

What Greg A. said

k

All I can say is, from what I know about Andy this is a really bad sign. Kirk & Scott weren't so much the shockers, but if they frustrated Andy to the point that he tossed the towel that really says a lot - and none of it good.

I've pretty much given up on the current CRB and BoD - until we get some fresh blood in both places things aren't going to change. I would suggest that's where we focus our efforts, in getting the word out for the upcoming Board election, and trying to get some new faces in the chairs. FWIW, 3 of the 4 Board members up for re-election this year (Wannarka, Sheridan, Creighton) were among the 7 who recently voted to ignore the wishes of the membership, and their own CRB, in casting their votes for the H&N requirement; and the fourth (Noble) abstained from voting on the issue. I know that is only one issue, but that gets each of those candidates a huge check in the minus column from where I stand.
    Last edited by erlrich; 01-26-2010 at 03:59 PM. Reason: typing pwns me...
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Quote Originally Posted by erlrich View Post
    Kirk & Scott weren't so much the shockers...
    Giles, too?!?

"Boom, baby!"

Who's next...?