Thread: Sample Comp School Exams

Default Sample Comp School Exams

Anyone have sample competition licensing school exams that you would be willing to forward to me? I want to create a mock test for people to take in order to help better prepare them for the school. I'm curious to see what some regions use.

Thanks!
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

That'd be RELLY helpful... knowing what to read before school...
    Astrophysathingy / goaheadtakethewheel.com
    99 Civic SI #9 WDCR ITS/STL
    93 Corolla / 97 PDX Miata

Dave,
    I've got some from the old days. As far as what to read........THE GCR!
    Now days the test is usually an open book test. You get a question and must cite the appropriate location in the GCR.
    Regards,
    Chuck

Of all the ones that I have crewed at plus, my own all were open book, the double at robeling this year had a "take home" exam, also open book, but a bit harder. I can understand the need for this, I mean from a beginer that GCR is a daunting task. Especially to remember it all. I have read all parts that are important to me a few times.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

A bit off the main topic, but I see no reason why these tests would ever be closed book. Its not like you get to read it once then never look at it again. If you can remember how to grid up, everything else you can go read it when you have a question.

Or you can be like a lot of us and you're not fast enough to ever be the lead car so you just follow the guy in front of you. (yeah that's my excuse)

I have gone through this repeatedly with my drivers school students. I would suggest that (as I suggest to my students) that you know two things. You should know:
    The flags, what they mean AND what your responsibilty and actions should be.
    This is to my mind is the MOST important thing.
    The second thing that you should know is the "rules of the road" in the GCR. You should know what the rules are and what your responsibilities are.

If you know those items you can then treat the GCR as a reference as it should be treated.

cheers
    dave parker
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

In the D.C. region, the "GCR" test was open book, and you arrived with it. They also had some test questions on the supps for the event. The only thing you were tested on at the school was the flags.
    Enjoy,
    Bill