Thread: How do you age an IT car from competition?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by EV View Post
    He makes a good point. The NASA PT point system with HP/WT limitations seems to work well. Sure there are rules, but since they allow replacement cams, for instance, it's easy/cheap to make HP. Make too much, and you get bumped to the next class.
    And that's why there are horses of different colors. The NASA system may appeal to some. But it is a complicated system. I looked at it and decided that it would be too complex to decide what change would give me the most speed for the weight.

Not saying either system is right or wrong, just different. It is up to us to be able to explain the advantages/disadvantages of each and why we made the decisions we did, to seduce potential newbies to our side. For me, it was the relative simplicity of the rules.

If I wanted to race a supercharged Borgward, I would probably go to NASA.
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Quote Originally Posted by RacerBill View Post
    And that's why there are horses of different colors. The NASA system may appeal to some. But it is a complicated system. I looked at it and decided that it would be too complex to decide what change would give me the most speed for the weight.

Not saying either system is right or wrong, just different. It is up to us to be able to explain the advantages/disadvantages of each and why we made the decisions we did, to seduce potential newbies to our side. For me, it was the relative simplicity of the rules.

If I wanted to race a supercharged Borgward, I would probably go to NASA.
    Nitrous on your supercharged Borgward? I was thinking about tubbing out my Isabella and running it in SPO.