Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
CRB members should be required to go to a NASA event. Walk around tech, look at the cars, the ages, the popular classes. They spend more $ per car, have younger and better looking girlfriends, all important stuff. Really, more cash, younger racers , newer cars. They find a class for a super charged 65 Mustang.
NASA has a trophy presentaion , with beer, SAt PM. That is how it should be done,IMHO. NASA cost has higher entry fees.

We lose new kids because of the threads like,: "who has a horn?" Is my air damn legal?
Come on kids. Is it really a problem?
Will my car be faster if the drum brakes are off of a Dodge Omni ,instead of a Datsun? Will I spend 20k to make it a FP car, because the brakes dont work? Not likely.
We should be happy to see the cars out there,not worried about the rear drums. IMHO.
Are'nt we a little too serious for a regional event that is supposed to be fun?
Does it really matter if I have a 16V spoiler on my 8V car?
The rules say that I can add one, in front of the original? That is the kinda crap that drives them away. MM
He makes a good point. The NASA PT point system with HP/WT limitations seems to work well. Sure there are rules, but since they allow replacement cams, for instance, it's easy/cheap to make HP. Make too much, and you get bumped to the next class.