Thread: Need some help from VIR locals

Default Need some help from VIR locals

Okay so I'm in between 2 blizzards, I can't even get to the racecar, so what else am I suppose to do but watch last years race videos and plan for next season?

While planning for VIR with MARRS (5/8-5/9), I came to the all important part of the race weekend... where will we eat?

Last year was a major disappointment when I found out that our favorite barbeque place, Taterbugs, now only does catering and we had to go without the baby back ribs, and sweet potato fries with butter and cinnamon... mmmm.... cinnamon.

Anyway, now to my question. Can any of you VIR guys get the contact information for Taterbugs? I googled it but got a dis-connected number. I'm hoping that we will have a large enough gang to justify having dinner catered at the track. (and I wonder why I keep taking ballast out of my car)

Sorry this isn't race related. Any help is appreciated.
    Steve Beckley
    Walkersville MD
    MARRS #87 ITB MR2

Steve, best I could dredge up is:

Taterbugs BBQ

(434) 822-8422
    Danville
    3190 S Boston Hwy
    Ringgold, VA 24586

There is also Hog Heaven BBQ in Roxboro (about 20 minutes south of the track). Good stuff, but Eastern NC style (vinegar based).

http://www.hogheavenbarbecue.com/
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

That's the number I found and it is disconnected. I spoke with the lady that takes the room reservations at VIR and she said she thought they were out of business.

Thanks for looking though... I figured I could count on you
    Steve Beckley
    Walkersville MD
    MARRS #87 ITB MR2

I never knew that place but if you need some BBQ we can bring some up from a few places down here in Raleigh for you!

Hogheaven is pretty good there in Roxoboro.