Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How the production drivers see you.

Default How the production drivers see you.

Jerry

Lone Star Regional Executive
    Lone Star Tech Chief.

God Damn those IT guys! I have rented cars to prod guys, they ran IT and loved it cause they finished the race! When you have a 13:1 grenade under the bonnet, your a better human????
    "Nebraska organizing committees
    to race in Iowa & Ne board thing "
    Still working on a name...
    X-MVRG Member...
    ITB Rabbit/ITA Miata

Quote Originally Posted by jhooten View Post
    Heeeeeeeee!

But...don't you know some of those National drivers are "This close" (holds thumb and forefinger about an inch apart) "to being professional race car drivers?"

^^ Refers to an incident at NH many years ago with a pissed off Vee driver who was complaining to the workers still at the remnants of the party that they were disturbing his sleep...he made the mistake of actually saying that to them.....really went over well......not!
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Quote Originally Posted by StephF View Post
    Heeeeeeeee!

But...don't you know some of those National drivers are "This close" (holds thumb and forefinger about an inch apart) "to being professional race car drivers?"

^^ Refers to an incident at NH many years ago with a pissed off Vee driver who was complaining to the workers still at the remnants of the party that they were disturbing his sleep...he made the mistake of actually saying that to them.....really went over well......not!
    Nice! I'm guessing he got more than his fair share of blue flags the next day... only not in the way he was hoping?
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

I am a regular poster on the prod car forum since I have two production cars.
    I asked Mr Stautberg to elaborate on his post right after he made it, with no response.
    Someone else posted an explanation of what occured, and it sounded like there was some "boneheadedness". Hopefully the responsible boneheads learned something or got to visit with the stewards after the race.

I also wonder if Mr. Stautberg realizes that when you complain about other drivers with no explanation of what happened in your first post ever to the forum it carries zero credibility.

The prod car forum is a very interesting place, especially in the silly season. As a guy who started in IT and has moved to production both groups have their pluses and minuses. However, I think that we all need to remember that we are members of the same club and must treat each other with respect and civility.

cheers
    dave parker
    Last edited by dave parker; 01-19-2010 at 01:40 PM. Reason: fat fingers causing spelling errors.
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

Come on Dave, it is winter and we don't have any real interesting topics to bitch about right now. Put a log on the fire and let the insults rip!! Prod drivers suck---OOOPS, I have a prod car too.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Regional Prod guys in the SEDiv --- good folks.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

If anyone thinks folks here are contentious, you should see them on the prod forums. My best example was once when I asked a very specific question related to how the prod suspension rules applied to strut suspensions. When I got back to it after the weekend, I found I have 56 responses, so I figured I'd have my answer. Instead what got were several snotty replies telling me to read the GCR or PCS (as if I could have even asked the question without doing so - and I cited the section!), a couple sneering at my lack of understanding and experience (only 30 years racing, after all), and about 50 arguing and bitching about some unrelated topic. I got three responses that actually tried to address my question.

Made me question whether I wanted to race with such a crew. I subsequently did try it and they weren't that bad (but then I never really threatened to beat them, so maybe that's what saved me .)
    Tom Lyttle
    Decatur, GA
    IT7 Mazda - 2006, 2008 SARRC Champion
    ITS Nissan 200SX - finally running correctly
    FP Ford Capri - waiting for a comp adjustment
    GT3 Dodge Daytona - what was I thinking?

Pretty funny. I like being a low life IT driver. Incidentally I like some of the Prod drivers I've met in the paddock too. Now that IT is about like Prod was 30 years ago I wonder if those guys would just come on back over to IT and pretend like it is 1974 again? Wait, I do that every race weekend with my 40 year old IT car......

Seriously. I can't wait until "adjust the star wheel on teh drum brakes" falls out of the lexicon.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I am sure there are exceptions to the rule.

If anyone thinks folks here are contentious, you should see them on the prod forums. My best example was once when I asked a very specific question related to how the prod suspension rules applied to strut suspensions. When I got back to it after the weekend, I found I have 56 responses, so I figured I'd have my answer. Instead what got were several snotty replies telling me to read the GCR or PCS (as if I could have even asked the question without doing so - and I cited the section!), a couple sneering at my lack of understanding and experience (only 30 years racing, after all), and about 50 arguing and bitching about some unrelated topic. I got three responses that actually tried to address my question.

Made me question whether I wanted to race with such a crew. I subsequently did try it and they weren't that bad (but then I never really threatened to beat them, so maybe that's what saved me .)
    Tom Lyttle
    Decatur, GA
    IT7 Mazda - 2006, 2008 SARRC Champion
    ITS Nissan 200SX - finally running correctly
    FP Ford Capri - waiting for a comp adjustment
    GT3 Dodge Daytona - what was I thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    Come on Dave, it is winter and we don't have any real interesting topics to bitch about right now. Put a log on the fire and let the insults rip!! Prod drivers suck---OOOPS, I have a prod car too.

Steve
    Thanks for knocking me back into reality.
    What the hell was I thinking.

Somebody please flame away.

cheers
    dave parker
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

Yeah, but I have to humbly admit it's no worse than some of the discussions we've had about the SM drivers.

It's plain and simple. No one likes running with other groups.

Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

What, us complain about Miatas?

I did get a chuckle out of this!! LOL
    Sorry for the Matt Weisburg-like posts, everybody.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

It's not about cars, its about drivers. When another driver messes up our race, we get mad. Human nature.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    It's plain and simple. No one likes running with other groups.
    To be honest I really don't have a problem with other groups, but then again I have never run with a bunch of SM's either. It was REAL interesting during a test day at Road Atlanta last year with me in the IT7 and the guys running the Trans Am series running together. I found out they were not that much faster in the turns, but once they reached a straight, fugetaboutit.

One thing about that thread is I now know where Matt Weisberg went.
    Last edited by tom_sprecher; 01-20-2010 at 11:08 AM.
    Tom Sprecher

Well that explains why my vid has had so many hits over the past three days. I guess using the "but I had no rear brake material left" excuse isn't going to cut it....
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

Not to resurrect this thread or start up any fights, but wow, I never knew that Prod racers were afraid of us hard-chargin' knuckle-draggin' backy-spewin' girl-chasin' beer swillin' IT drivers. Now I know why there's been this divide in the paddock between IT and Prod.

Guess that means if I ever race against Prod cars, I know to psychologically intimidate them in the corners! (Just joking!) Oh wait, they'll already be on their guard when they see me coming....
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

Quote Originally Posted by RedMisted View Post
    ...I never knew that Prod racers were afraid of us hard-chargin' girl-chasin' beer swillin' IT drivers. <snip>
    Guilty as charged!!!
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com