Thread: Homestead Nationals - Spectator event?

Default Homestead Nationals - Spectator event?

The supps don't say if spectators are allowed or even if VIP passes are available for members.
    Anyone know if spectators are allowed at the Double National at Homestead this weekend?
    Rodney Williamson
    www.titaniummotorsports.com

Rodney,

I realize this is a little late, I was in Homestead when you posted and hadn't had time to get back on line since.

ALL SCCA club races are Spectator races now, National no longer offers other options. SCCA members get in on their membership at no charge, we usually give people a weekend membership for free when registration is open, but worst case scenario is a ticket would cost $10.00 bucks.

Sorry for the late reply, hope you came down anyway, it was cold but we had some great racing.

Krys

Quote Originally Posted by krysdean View Post
    ... SCCA members get in on their membership at no charge...
    I didn't know that. Is it a national policy or a local practice? Seems consistent with this new hard card so you could skip registration.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle7 View Post
    I didn't know that. Is it a national policy or a local practice? Seems consistent with this new hard card so you could skip registration.
    Krys probably should have qualified her statements by saying "All FLORIDA REGION SCCA events..."

In Atlanta Region (assuming none of your buddies will put you on their crew) your SCCA membership gets you half-off the ticket price.

And all events are not necessarily spectator events. It's true that insurance costs are now the same, but due to local ordinance prohibiting spectator events Roebling Road (for instance) is not allowed to advertise to the general public.
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion