Thread: Summit Point Test Days

Default Summit Point Test Days

Are there any more before MARRS 1? I planned on today, but I need dry track for my testing. I know with the track closing for repave I'm probably SOL, but I had to ask.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by spnkzss View Post
    Are there any more before MARRS 1? I planned on today, but I need dry track for my testing. I know with the track closing for repave I'm probably SOL, but I had to ask.
    April 3- FATT on Shenandoah
    April 16 - FATT on SPR
    April 21 - Colonial Challenge Cup (http://www.colonialchallengecup.com/...s/TrackDay.pdf)

There's always the school this weekend, assuming you are willing to put up with "instruction."

And don't forget the open practice the Friday before M1. I was thinking about bringing the car up for that practice day (and to get my annual) just to make sure everything is in good order before I take it to VIR in May.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Need more time then the practice day will give me. I need to go out 2 laps, come in, make a change, go out 2 laps, come in......... rinse repeat. FATT and practice day won't cut it.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

I tried to do the school in my FV after I completely reubilt it, but they still won't let me. They say it's b/c you cannot go if you're going to make it a "test and tune day" I don't see why the region ust won't take our 500 bucks,they need the money. BTW: I bought the Civic Saturday and should be out for MARRS one, assuming my shakedown at the PDX goes well.
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Steven McWilliams Jr View Post
    I tried to do the school in my FV after I completely reubilt it, but they still won't let me. They say it's b/c you cannot go if you're going to make it a "test and tune day" I don't see why the region ust won't take our 500 bucks,they need the money. BTW: I bought the Civic Saturday and should be out for MARRS one, assuming my shakedown at the PDX goes well.
    Steven
    The problem with the school and using it as a test and tune is, the school has to be a somewhat predictable environment. Test and tunes can be very unpredictable. This year you are allowed to do the school if you have a comp license, but you HAVE to follow the format just like everyone else. Meaning class room sessions and everything else.

I will admit, I wish I had thought about it a little harder. I would really like to go this weekend. ESPECIALLY with the weather we are suppose to have.

Congrads. Can't wait to see another Civic at M1.

Quote Originally Posted by spnkzss View Post
    The problem with the school and using it as a test and tune is, the school has to be a somewhat predictable environment. Test and tunes can be very unpredictable. This year you are allowed to do the school if you have a comp license, but you HAVE to follow the format just like everyone else. Meaning class room sessions and everything else.
    It is possible to do both - test/tune and get instruction. Ya just need someone you can trust making the changes to the car you want while you sit in the classroom.