Right now it's an attendance award.

Right now? LOL!

NERRC series, NARRC series, JRRC series, NYSRRC series, Pro-IT series

Oh my! Maybe we could add a couple more?

the NARRC has been the local measuring stick.

For a select few people, sure. Overall the majority of people do not see it as a measuring stick or even know who won the various series. Heck, most people have absolutely no idea who won any of the IT series championships last year. I don’t even know who won ITB.

There are too many different series being run, too many races, and it’s all watered down. I will say that I do like how Pro IT organizes their series schedule.

…and for those that are not motivated by a series, which is most, there are tons of races and formats available throughout the northeast.

Dick, this is a key point and one that it sure seems regions fail to recognize or don’t make the necessary adjustments based upon this fact. I realize that politics comes into play as well. Another challenge in creating a successful series here in the north east is due the fact there are tons of races and tracks. I’m not suggesting that there shouldn’t be a series since some do enjoy it and if done right, it could be a bigger draw.

I have to imagine that there’s quite a bit of time and effort put into running the various series. Maybe some of that time should be reallocated towards making specific events even better than they already are? As said numerous times, eliminate some other races so this can be done if need be. For example, make the NARRC runoffs a big event again instead of “another typical race weekend” which in my opinion it has become.

Other regions should take a serious look at IT Fest, the Labor Day event at Summit Point and the ARRC at Road Atlanta. Talk about fantastic events!! These events have raised the bar to another level and more regions should follow their lead. The racing is great, but the stuff off the track is what really makes these events. If some don’t think this is the way to go, look at the number of people who attend these events, how far they travel to make it, and how early they put it on their calendars as a “must attend event.”