Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 NEDiv Roundtable

The Round Table and NNJR 60 year anniversary was HUGE! I bet there were nearly 200 people and our new SCCA president remarked several times on the great event, awesome organization and participation.

It was cool to be a part of it. Thanks to all who put the event together - great work and GREAT FUN!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Did anyone discuss the current ITAC-CRB conflict and how they are going to resolve it? That seemed like a good forum to ask some hard questions.
    David Russell
    IT Volvo 242

These are the only notes I have read so far, and it's not evident that topic was discussed:

http://www.mohud-scca.org/Discuss/ph...pic.php?t=2141
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

[QUOTE=mossaidis;303634]These are the only notes I have read so far, and it's not evident that topic was discussed:

http://www.mohud-scca.org/Discuss/ph...pic.php?t=2141
    A Double National at Watkins Glen Just a correction in above report. Interesting reading.
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

The NARRC shedule is set as it sits on the NARRC website (www.narrc.com).

8 races over 5 weekends at 4 tracks with no drops. 3 weekends (not races) must be attended to qualify for a Championship.
    Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 03-16-2010 at 07:14 PM. Reason: weekend count error
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

"8 races over 5 weekends at 4 tracks with no drops."
    '92 Honda Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    "8 races over 5 weekends at 4 tracks with no drops."
    Thanks! Corrected in mine.

It's officially an attendance award.
    Andy Bettencourt

Yeah, that one ain't gonna be a draw for me...

mind to elobrate tGA?
    '92 Honda Civic Si

mind to elobrate tGA?
    Too many races, at too many places, in too short a timespan. No way I'll commit that kinda time, space, and money for...a regional championship? Uh, no.

See you guys at the National weekend in a few weeks. We're up to four STU entries for the "I.T.-Shack Championship"!

GA

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Too many races, at too many places, in too short a timespan.

GA
    Huh?
    Half as many events as last year, evenly spred over our regular season.

On the other hand, full fields of STU cars would be fun.
    Jerry
    NER South

Quote Originally Posted by ner88 View Post
    Huh?
    Half as many events as last year, evenly spred over our regular season.
    And all manditory. Not what the drivers asked for. Still haven't heard why the PTB have done this. We are weekend warriors, not Pro Racers.
    Andy Bettencourt

Andy, you made your point, again!
    I told you where I stood but everyone else wanted no drops.
    Greg did not say anything about a manditory series?
    Jerry
    NER South

Andy, you made your point, again!
    I told you where I stood but everyone else wanted no drops.
    And I'll say it until the PTB hear it.
    Andy Bettencourt

It could have been inferred (it was most assuredly implied).

No personal offense intended to anyone, but "8 races over 5 weekends at 4 tracks with no drops" in order to win a Regional championship is not Club Racing (as Andy eloquently described). It's actually torturous, unless you're simultaneously wealthy, retired, and bored. The perfect race series for Club Racing is one race weekend per month, spread evenly on both a calender and geographical basis, optimally hitting all the key tracks at least once, with opportunity to accommodate a failure or two through the year (e.g., family/career commitments and/or equipment failures on 10-20% of the weekends).

While I can see the underlying reason for such a series as presented (e.g., using the series championship push as a bone to encourage competitor participation at more events and at more tracks) what the schedule has effectively done is cause a lot of folks to drop out of the series before it ever got started...

We cannot as competitors (i.e., the ones providing the revenue) make every SCCA region and/or every SCCA event at every SCCA-accessible race track profitable. There's just not enough time and money to go around.

It's time to cull the herd.

GA

I can't tell you how many times I have tried to explain that racing is a commodity. It is NOT a club atmosphere. Racers simply do not care about the regions, who is hosting events and if they make money or not. They look at the family schedule and then say what weekends can I slot into my free time. Just that simple...

Over time as we have already began to see that the northeast is unraveling and quite frankly we have too many regions and too much politics. The regions with the best events, most value and ease of running will ultimately win.

Just my .02. Call me a cynic, call me what you want, but this is how its SUPPOSE TO WORK.

Rant off.
    Jeremy Billiel

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Billiel View Post
    I can't tell you how many times I have tried to explain that racing is a commodity. It is NOT a club atmosphere. Racers simply do not care about the regions, who is hosting events and if they make money or not. They look at the family schedule and then say what weekends can I slot into my free time. Just that simple...

Over time as we have already began to see that the northeast is unraveling and quite frankly we have too many regions and too much politics. The regions with the best events, most value and ease of running will ultimately win.

Just my .02. Call me a cynic, call me what you want, but this is how its SUPPOSE TO WORK.

Rant off.
    +1
    What are you guys running at the natl weekend? Teg? or Miata?
    Marcus
    miller-motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure (and woefully outdated)
    1.6 ITE/SPU/ST2 Turbo Miata (in pieces... err progress)

If I may... I *think* the PTB decided that NARRC would the premier regional circuit in the NE, hence the limited schedule and no more "soft" point exceptions and rules. Is NARRC at odds with Pro-IT? perhaps... but probably not. If I remember correctly, there was a post here about what NARRC "should be". So... if you are serious about regional championship racing in the NE, you will make the time and effort for NARRC - I am. Don't care about a championship? there they are tons of regional, restricted and Pro-IT races to choose from at every track.

And if you're like tGA and tJB itching for National races w/o having to wait for the damn IT-to-go-National debate to be settled, then there's STU. Don't get me wrong, I would love to put in a K20, cams and a big-a$$ wing on my EG, but based on principal and $$$ I will make the most of it in NARRC.
    '92 Honda Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Miller View Post
    What are you guys running at the natl weekend? Teg? or Miata?
    ITS Integra. It's still in pieces at Kessler's shop and we haven't even started on the Mee-Otter yet!!!

If I may... I *think* the PTB decided that NARRC would the premier regional circuit in the NE, hence the limited schedule and no more "soft" point exceptions and rules. Is NARRC at odds with Pro-IT? perhaps... but probably not. If I remember correctly, there was a post here about what NARRC "should be". So... if you are serious about regional championship racing in the NE, you will make the time and effort for NARRC - I am. Don't care about a championship? there they are tons of regional, restricted and Pro-IT races to choose from at every track.

And if you're like tGA and tJB itching for National races w/o having to wait for the damn IT-to-go-National debate to be settled, then there's STU. Don't get me wrong, I would love to put in a K20, cams and a big-a$$ wing on my EG, but based on principal and $$$ I will make the most of it in NARRC.
    Please don't confuse my comments as national vs regional banter. It's 100% about the regions at play and the NARRC series that started this latest version of the thread.
    Jeremy Billiel