Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
So for me, conflicting event weekends are certainly a decision. But honestly, it's probably irrelevant whether they are on the SAME date, as I'm not super likely to attend both on back to back weekends.

I think Jake hit on a key point with this. While the NJMP-NHMS conflicts are irritating I do not think the fact that they are on the same weekends or just close make a whole lot of difference to the drivers. The core workers however it does effect as there are a few key skilled people who support both tracks.

There is very little date flexibility with the tracks. You can make small changes some of the time. This year at NHMS there were two changes, at the region’s request August got move 1 week earlier so there was more separation from Cheap date in September, and the movement of our memorial day event to the first week in June on the track’s insistence I believe because they had some who wanted all three days on the holiday.

I am hopeful that next year we can try to move the July Pig event a week either way as that conflict not only with NJMP but the Glen national as well and truthfully that is the bigger problem in my thinking.

NER’s first obligation is to build a series for the drivers who run the series the most. NERRC has good spacing an honestly they need to please the guy from Boston who runs most of the races at NH more that the guy from southern Ct who runs once or twice a year. You want to please everybody but all you can do is the best you can do.

NJMP is an immature track from a scheduling point of view and it will take a few years to figure out what the right level of racing events and what the schedule should look like.