Thread: SFR-SCCA 2010 Sunoco Contingency Program

Default SFR-SCCA 2010 Sunoco Contingency Program

The following will appear on the SFR-SCCA website shortly and in the next issue of The Wheel.

As many here already know, IT runs in Group 5 at SFR-SCCA regional races.

Sunoco Challenge Driver Sponsor Program

1. Sunoco is the San Francisco Region fuel for the 2010 race season. The term of the agreement shall be three years.

2. Funding for 2010 = $10,000.

3. All Sunoco funds go to Drivers.

4. Sunoco will supply decals for cars, banners (which we put up at each race at Grid). Sunoco will also have checkered flags for finish line.

a. Sunoco decals on both sides of the car will be required on all race vehicles in our Regional Supps

b. Decals will be available at Race Administration

5. To be eligible for Sunoco cash awards, Drivers must present Sunoco fuel proof-of-purchase, consisting of either race track or off-site Sunoco vendor fuel pump receipts totaling no less than $25.00, from no earlier than 2 weeks prior to the day of the race, and no later than the start time of the race.

6. Funds will be distributed to Drivers as follows:

a. Each run group will have 2 races specified as Sunoco Challenge race events. For 2010 they are:
    Group / Regional Race #
    1 / #4 & 12
    2 / #5 & 10
    3 / #3 & 11
    4 / #1 & 8
    5 / #2 & 7
    6 / #6 & 13
    7 / #5 & 9

b. Money allotted to each run Group is based on 2009 entry counts:
    Group / Sunoco Dollars
    1 / $1200
    2 / $1200
    3 / $1000
    4 / $1200
    5 / $1800
    6 / $1000
    7 / $2600

c. Money will be awarded by random drawing for Race Group as follows:
    Group / # of drawing per race / Cash to each drawing winner
    1 / 2 / $300
    2 / 2 / $300
    3 / 2 / $250
    4 / 2 / $300
    5 / 3 / $300
    6 / 2 / $250
    7 / 4 / $325

d. Drivers wanting to participate in the Sunoco Challenge will, on the race weekend where their race is a Sunoco Challenge race, do the following:

i. Go to Race Administration and register their participation in the Sunoco Challenge.

ii. At the conclusion of the race, Race Administration will draw the noted number of winning names at random and notify the Drivers. Note: Drivers must have at least practiced to be eligible.

iii. The Driver will bring their Sunoco fuel proof-of-purchase (as outlined in (5) above) to Race Administration and an award check will be mailed from our SFR office the following week.
    Viet-Tam Luu (a.k.a. "Tam")
    Director, SCCA San Francisco Region
    2011 SFR-SCCA ITS Champion
    #12 ITS (1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata)
    #12 STU (2003 Mitsubishi Evo 8)

Sounds great Tam! Nice deal. Hopefully they'll get the printer on the pumps at Laguna working so that we'll actually have receipts ...
    Last edited by JoshS; 01-16-2010 at 02:51 AM.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

How are the pumps at TH? You could also purchase the gas at a Sunoco station on the way too.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    How are the pumps at TH?
    TH is great. 2 hoses with 91 and 1 with 100, if memory serves. It's the only one of the three tracks up here that I've never had an issue with. Infineon is generally great too (with real retail pumps, not the central payment system), but one weekend the 100 octane wasn't working and it took hours to get someone there to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    You could also purchase the gas at a Sunoco station on the way too.
    Good luck with that. Are there any Sunoco stations in California?

EDIT: the answer to my question is no, I'm pretty sure, but of course Sunoco GT100 is sold at a handful of stations. http://www.sunocoinc.com/Site/Consum...California.htm
    Last edited by JoshS; 01-19-2010 at 03:16 AM.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Thanks for the link Josh, now I know what the 100-octane fuel I've been buying from the 76 at Almaden & Foxworthy in San Jose is.

Now I just need to make sure that receipts from that station will be accepted for the Sunoco Challenge.

The official Sunoco Challenge announcement was E-mailed out to SFR-SCCA racers this morning.
    Viet-Tam Luu (a.k.a. "Tam")
    Director, SCCA San Francisco Region
    2011 SFR-SCCA ITS Champion
    #12 ITS (1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata)
    #12 STU (2003 Mitsubishi Evo 8)