Thread: User Purge - Mods Please Read

Default User Purge - Mods Please Read

Mods et al,
    Since I was in here fixing thing tonight I decided to clear out some dead wood. Should free up some resources.

All users with 0 posts and who have not logged on since mid 2007 were deleted. Since all computers are evil beasts programmed by imperfect humans, I find it likely that somebody may have been deleted who should not have been.

Just wanted others to be aware of this in case questions were asked. Simply have people re-register. Entire accts were deleted so same email & user ID can be used.

- Webmaster

I've given multiple thought to deleting classified threads that have nothing in them younger than one year...feedback on that?

Good idea Greg. However I know some like to review old IT Car ads to find ex-owners and price history. But for the other ad sections, absolutely.
    I'll look at it and see what our options are.
    - Webmaster

Webmaster,

I sent an email stating how disgruntled I was at being deleted. Sorry about that, I just wasn't keying in my user Id properly and got tic'd off.

Glad I'm still here, thanks for not deleting me.

Tom Donnelly

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post

I've given multiple thought to deleting classified threads that have nothing in them younger than one year...feedback on that?
    Sometime it's nice being able to go back and see what people were selling and for how much. I always hate when somebody sells something and then deletes the message saying nothing but SOLD now.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures