Thread: 12 Hour Midnight Moonshine Run at Summit Point?

Default 12 Hour Midnight Moonshine Run at Summit Point?

We have an opportunity to host a 12 hour night endurance race at Summit Point on Saturday, July 10.

We haven't finalized any plans yet, but the event would start at 7pm Saturday night and end at 7am Sunday morning. We are talking about calling the event something like the "12 Hour Midnight Moonshine Run" to celebrate the history of prohibition in the area!

We've already started working on ideas for what the winners will receive that go along with the theme. We also have some ideas for the first car out! (No, no cars will be crushed!) Someone also suggested that a series of "bribes for the officials" that benefit an event charity could make this a very interesting and fun event.

The goal will be to keep entry fees below $800 per car. While I can't make any promise until I see what car counts we might expect, our goal would be to get the entry fee down to $600 per car!!!

What do you think? Would you be interested in entering a 12 Hour Midnight Moonshine Run at Summit Point?

Definitely interested. Don't know if I can fit it into my 2010 plans but would love to try and make 2011 plans.

Good to see someone come up with a 12 hour replacement at Summit.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

As you'd guess, we'd be thrilled to be able to participate - pending sufficient driver interest to make it possible $$-wise.

Sounds fun!

K

a 7pm to 7am enduro, actually a pretty cool idea. You beat the heat, Qualify during the day, and get 9 hours of night driving while not having tototally trash the car like a usual 24 hour race. Yep sounds interesting......

Sounds cool, is it going to be an SCCA race or more like Lemons? Looks like there is a 12 hour at NJMSP in late June, haven't looked at a Lemons schedule. I'd hate to see saturation kill your plans.

The all night part is intriguing. Race gets done just in time for the 11 hour drive home!

If ITB is in then we will most likely be in with a VW or maybe even an Audi: )

Stephen

@MMiskoe: We are a separate sanctioning group, so this would not be an SCCA event though we recognize SCCA licenses (as well as most others including FIA, NASA, etc.). Since I'm an SCCA guy as well, the only difference people notice when they run our events is how much more fun they are!

And no, this is not a "lemons" race. It will be a real race and require proper (SCCA, NASA, Continental Cup, BMWCCA, etc.) cars with proper safety equipment. If you've run 12 Hours at SP in the past, you probably won't notice much that is different, except it will be darker longer!

@StephenB: Yes, all IT cars will be allowed to run. Again, think past SP 12 Hours or the 13 Hours at VIR... same groups of cars.

Sounds good but it is the same weekend as the Glen National.
    John Weisberg
    BERG Racing
    Rochester NY
    203-556-0427

http://www.berg-racing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    If ITB is in then we will most likely be in with a VW or maybe even an Audi: )

Stephen
    Ken, after reviewing the NESCCA schedule I see that we have a NARRC race that same weekend at NHMS. I think the RST gang will most likely be at NHMS. I wish we had more weekends that didn't overlap...sorry we wont make it!

Stephen