Thread: 2010 race groups for the I.T.SPEC*tacular

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2010 race groups for the I.T.SPEC*tacular

O.K. gang,

Butch Kummer contacted me to let me know GTA will not be returning for the 2010 I.T.SPEC*tacular. With GTA gone I'm adding a Formula race group back in the mix. I'm also looking at the I.T. class pairings and I'm not sure if its better to run ITR in with ITS, ITB or go back to something similar to 2008 where we had ITR in with ITE, AS, TCC.

Right now I'm looking at ( * not actual race group order!)

ITA, IT7, ITC
    ITS, ITB
    ITR, ITE, STU, STO, AS
    SRF, EP, FP, HP
    SM, SSM
    CFF, FF, CFC, FC, FE

Your suggestions are most welcome.

Todd

Todd,
    What do you think of adding Sports Racers in the formula group?
    John Weisberg
    BERG Racing
    Rochester NY
    203-556-0427

http://www.berg-racing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by eprodrx7 View Post
    Todd,
    What do you think of adding Sports Racers in the formula group?
    I think there may be too large a gap between CFF and C's and D's. S2000's are close and may work.

Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    O.K. gang,

Butch Kummer contacted me to let me know GTA will not be returning for the 2010 I.T.SPEC*tacular. With GTA gone I'm adding a Formula race group back in the mix. I'm also looking at the I.T. class pairings and I'm not sure if its better to run ITR in with ITS, ITB or go back to something similar to 2008 where we had ITR in with ITE, AS, TCC.

ITA, IT7, ITC
    ITS, ITB
    ITR, ITE, STU, STO, AS
    SRF, EP, FP, HP
    SM, SSM
    CFF, FF, CFC, FC, FE

Your suggestions are most welcome.

Todd
    Damn Todd, can't you stick AS somewhere else? Who can read my mind right now?

Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
    Damn Todd, can't you stick AS somewhere else? Who can read my mind right now?
    Nothings in stone yet. Any suggestions to a better mix with ITR, ITE, STO and STU?

Nothings in stone yet. Any suggestions to a better mix with ITR, ITE, STO and STU?
    How about:

ITS, ITB, ITR, STU
    ITE, STO, AS
    Dan
    2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Great Lakes Division ITB Champion

How about some of the non IT groups race between the IT groups. I'd love to watch ITB after I get out of ITA.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

Hold on cowboy. "( * not actual race group order!)"

I think he just put the groups in order of quality for now...
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Quote Originally Posted by spnkzss View Post
    How about some of the non IT groups race between the IT groups. I'd love to watch ITB after I get out of ITA.
    Rob, we're not getting into scheduling arguements quite yet.

To refresh everyone's memory, last year there was 6 run groups too, but with these pairings:
    1 - ITA, IT7
    2 - SRF, EP, FP, HP
    3 - ITS, ITB
    4 - AS, GTA, ITE, STO
    5 - ITR, ITC, STU
    6 - SM, SSM

I think everyone was pretty happy with that. I for one thought those groupings worked out great. Now with removing GTA, and adding in a winged group, I'm having a hard time coming up with anything I like. I'd consider putting AS/ITE/STO/STU together and ITR/ITS/ITB together, but I just don't see the ITR & ITS guys not screwing up eachothers races. Then of course the STU guys will want to be in a slower class too. Either way, we need to ensure good racing that isn't being overly screwed with by overlap between classes, effectively dorking up both classes race. That lessens the quality of the event, and the allure it has for people to attend it. Start doing that, and it slowly just turns back into any regular old regional as more classes get added and more overlap in run groups happen. I think adding a wing group is already too much a step in that direction for me to be comfortable with. I'll have to think on it to see if I can come up with anything better.

edit: Todd - Can you refresh my memory on a couple of things? What was the length of each of the four sessions per group? I can't find last years supps to look it up. I believe it was something like 20 minute qualifying, 20 lap race, 10 lap race, & 20 lap race. Is that correct? Also, can you tell me about when the last checkered flag flew each day? Thanks.
    Last edited by R2 Racing; 01-06-2010 at 12:36 PM.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX