Thread: 2010 race groups for the I.T.SPEC*tacular

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by jumbojimbo View Post
    One question on double dipping, why do we generally charge so much for double dipping? Double dippers don't cost us that much in sanction and insurance do they?

I know we're trying to maximize our income, but the number of double dippers is very low.

Why don't we charge a more nominal fee like $125? Sure, profit is less per car but wouldn't a ridiculously low entry fee encourage a double dipping?

My thought is that the more cars who double dip then that pads the field. And what increases car count more than anything else? Car count. People want to race in races with big fields. Even mid-level drivers want someone to race against. So if you can get more people to double dip and this causes even 1 or 2 extra regular entries, then you've got win-win all around.

Another scenario: STU. I've thought about running STU just for the track time. But it's too expensive at the full price. If the price were $125, I might be able to convince a couple of other ITC guys to run. We wouldn't be running to win STU, but all we care about is racing each other anyway. As long as we stay out of everyone else way, we get more track time, club makes more money.
    Sounds like a good idea. My only concern would be keeping the refunds straight.

To clarify it would have to be the same car/ same driver dbl. dipping in two classes. Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    Sounds like a good idea. My only concern would be keeping the refunds straight.

To clarify it would have to be the same car/ same driver dbl. dipping in two classes. Correct?
    Correct, that is what I was thinking of. A straight double dip.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Looks good to me, Todd. I can live with Group 2 two years in a row!!!!!!! BTW, what course are we running this year?
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Quote Originally Posted by RacerBill View Post
    Looks good to me, Todd. I can live with Group 2 two years in a row!!!!!!! BTW, what course are we running this year?
    Bill,

That would be the Club Course this year.

Jim,

Talked to the Registrar today. She thinks the D-D is doable without too much hassle. I'll start crunching numbers.

For those of you interested in running in two classes with your car at the I.T.SPEC*tacular we will be doing a second entry discount. It should be in the $130 to $150 range. My only concern is having a mass Miata attack on the ITA race. Other than that it is a go. I'll have all the pricing set by next week. In other news the Garage pricing will be as follows. $60 for a single door and $120 for the two door. We can set up the sandbox again if you guys are interested?

Todd

I thought I'd Update everyone on the prices for the weekend. Entry for 1 driver, 2 days went up $10 and I had to raise the garages up $10. Its the best I could do since all the prices went up at Mid Ohio. But on the bright side we did add the double dip feature for those of you who want to try out a second class and we are an official GLDivision Champ Series event.

July 30th PDX
    Member................$210
    Non-Member............$225
    Instructor Driving....$50
    Evening Test and Tune.$150

Race Weekend
    Garages
    1 door....$60
    2 door....$120

Race Entry
    1 driver, 2 days...$335
    Run a second class.$125 example SM/ITA
    1 driver,1 day.....$275
    2 days, 2 drivers, 1 car....$375

Registration should be open 5/28/2010

Best Regards,

Todd

Todd: quick question, when you say 'run a second class', does that mean run the same car in a second class or can the same driver run two different cars in different classes (and run groups)?

Thanks.
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Quote Originally Posted by RacerBill View Post
    Todd: quick question, when you say 'run a second class', does that mean run the same car in a second class or can the same driver run two different cars in different classes (and run groups)?

Thanks.
    Its based off of the $335 entry. 1 driver, 1 car both days.

Todd

So, what group is DSR in?
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com