Thread: Morrisdampers Help Needed

Default Morrisdampers Help Needed

I asked this before, but it was over a year ago and I was hoping for some new ideas.

I purchased an ex-Speed WC Touring car last year and as part of the spares package I received a brand new set of 3 way adjustable Morrisdampers for the Contour/ Focus/ Cougar platform.

I have absolutely no information about them and I have scanned the internet and tracked the previous company into Michigan, but I wasn't able to find anything.

They are a great looking set of dampers, brand new and I wanted to adapt them to my RX7, but before that I would like to get some info on tuning them and setting them up.

Can anybody assist me?

Thanks,

Eric

Can't help you on specifics but you can send them to a shcok dyno to plot out the range they are vavled for. As for setup I assume they would be similar to tuning any other shock.

lastly.. though I don't know if it would matter as an ex WC car wouldn't be IT leagal .. the shocks are not leagal in IT as well.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

I think Morris was the company that was a flash in the pan in the early 2000's. I remember them being at the runoffs and pitching their stuff. I know that a couple of Prod guys took the bait and ended up with a bunch of nothing, a company that ran out of money and never delivered. I hope I'm wrong for your sake but check over on the prod site for more info. Sorry...
    John Weisberg
    BERG Racing
    Rochester NY
    203-556-0427

http://www.berg-racing.com/

Thanks for the help. The WC Touring car came with Dynamic 3 ways on it and the Morrisdampers were sitting in a box looking all pretty and new. This car is to be used in the Castrol Touring Car Series up here in Canada and not in IT. It kinda exceeds prep rules, .

I was looking to install the Morris Dampers on my 2nd Gen RX7 Touring Car. I know that the previous owner of me WC Touring Car bought them for his previous car and just threw them in with my car when he sold it to me. He paid a ton for them and actually received them. They look to nice not to use so I want to give them a go on the RX7. I am not constrained by IT rules so I am looking for some setup assistance.

John, what production site would you recommend?

Eric

http://prodracing.com/prodcar/index....1bbdfc99c16ddf is what John is talking about. I remember they were in Michigan and took deposits and more from quite a few people. Someone even went to the address and no one lived there anymore IIRC.

matt