Mac-

Anyone who thinks this is a HNR thing driven by Saferacer is absolutely nuts.

Anyone who is hating on SafeRacer for doing this is absolutely nuts. I think it's great that they are in the position to do this and are doing.

This black helicopter crap only gets in the way of the true issues with this program.

The issue that the 'haters' have are that we've just been forced to run a business's logo on the side of our car for what appears to be a pittance.

The Summit Racing contingency program has the ability to put up to 142,000 dollars (not vouchers from what I read on the contingency form) into competitors hands (albeit over only 8 classes) and it's a voluntary contingency of which the majority of SCCA competitors aren't elgible for so they don't even have to worry about.

Saferacer gets title billing, advertising on every car and the club only gets 15,000 dollars in vouchers for the top competitors.

Now do you start to see where this disconnect is beginning?

The other issue that some have mentioned is probably what drives me the most crazy. SCCA can't seem to figure out that communication is what makes this club racing world we live in bearable. When something as big as a title sponsor for the national series of the club gets setup we don't even get a press release until after we see it in the rules and that press release gives minimal information from what the BOD is saying. Not too helpful.

--Joe