Thread: 2010 GCR now available

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

don't you guys have anything better to complain about?

i know charlie and mike pretty well, probably better than anyone else in this thread. they're better people than 99% of the population who are looking to do nothing but HELP the club. they have been sponsoring SCCA amatuer and pro drivers, our local REGIONAL series, advertising in the GCR, offering discounts to SM competitors, etc

it takes a special kind of person to be pissed off about the club being able to gain a series sponsor in a time when the entire industry is just trying to keep its head above water.

yeah i'm disappointed in plenty of things the BOD has done lately, but this certainly isn't one of them.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

...AND you're missing the point, Travis. I don't think anyone here is being critical of SafeRacer. I certainly haven't.

K

so the club botched the communication of this, big F'ing deal. what's new?

i have a hard time seeing why we should be mad at the club for securing up the same thing we praise SR for offering.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Kirk,
    If a miata wins the ITA ARRC race I would expect it to be a 1-2 finish... they will have to be a two car train all the way. "IF" weight got thrown on the car then I would have to use a frowny icon, but so what. Did they throw weight on the Honda / Accuras after their wins? As far as your example about the ECU, no one is telling anyone to take anything other than their old SCCA stickers off their cars.

I think you guys mean well, maybe it is just the presentation that always seems to come across as fingernails on a blackboard. Maybe someone from the Upper Right Coast sees the same thing and thinks you guys are being positive....it must be something lost in the translation.
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

No Mac, they are being negative. Some things bother some more than others. We will find out the whole plan soon and we can bitch and moan about it then (especially because we are Regional only guys and it has ZERO effect on us).

If it's no good, its no good. But we just don't know yet.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by IPRESS View Post
    Kirk,
    If a miata wins the ITA ARRC race I would expect it to be a 1-2 finish... they will have to be a two car train all the way. "IF" weight got thrown on the car then I would have to use a frowny icon, but so what. Did they throw weight on the Honda / Accuras after their wins?
    Minor point of order, the CRX has been at the front od the ARRC train and the IT-Fest train, has taken numerous wins, and hasn't seen an ounce of weight thrown at it. (Actually, a CRX owner approached me asking for a weight break (or weight on other cars) because, as he stated", Time has passed the CRX, it needs help".)
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Default sigh

Thanks to SafeRacer for the sponsorship! It's hard to get sponsorships for lower-level road racing and it's great to see SafeRacer putting some money out there for us. Thanks!
    -----------
    '89 RX-7 ITS