Thread: 2010 GCR now available

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dick clarified this issue for me below and this is no longer a concern of mine. the mods can feel free to delete if they desire.

the only reason i am leaving it is if someone else had the same basic thought/question.

the part that bugs me (but i work near an airport with the occasional helicopter flybys) is that two "odd" things just happened;

1. Against the recommendation of the CRB, the BOD has mandated the use of H&NR in 2012.
    2. We now have a series sponsor with mandated stickers that just happens to sell H&NRs.
    now i don't know if it is a sweetheart deal or not but i don't like it coming out in the same GCR.

and i have bought gear from saferacer and found them to be competitive and easy to deal with so i really have no bone to pick with them.
    Last edited by tom91ita; 12-30-2009 at 11:32 AM.
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Quote Originally Posted by tom91ita View Post
    the part that bugs me (but i work near an airport with the occasional helicopter flybys) is that two "odd" things just happened;

1. Against the recommendation of the CRB, the BOD has mandated the use of H&NR in 2012.
    2. We now have a series sponsor with mandated stickers that just happens to sell H&NRs.
    now i don't know if it is a sweetheart deal or not but i don't like it coming out in the same GCR.

and i have bought gear from saferacer and found them to be competitive and easy to deal with so i really have no bone to pick with them.
    Uh, Tom no.
    My first thought was that that thought is out there, but then I know more about this than someone seeing it all as the GCR came out so I will actually give you a serious answer. The H&N vote was done in the first week in December by the 2009 BOD. The series sponsorship deal came out of meetings at the PTI show the next week and was brought to the 2009 BOD’s attention on December 22nd. So I can say no the sponsorship proposal had absolutely no impact on the considerable discussion the BOD had on H&N.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Quote Originally Posted by tom91ita View Post
    Dick clarified this issue for me below and this is no longer a concern of mine. the mods can feel free to delete if they desire.

the only reason i am leaving it is if someone else had the same basic thought/question.
    ...and HANS is prominently displayed in the GCR in what we can only presume is a paid advertisement. Or is it?

That's the kind of issue that commercialization brings with it. See also, "NASA spec tires."

K

Kirk advertising is available to anyone for the GCR and series sponsorship. I have been in enough meetings with some of these guys to have a little more trust in their motives. Everything they do is not bad. We were offered SEDIV sponsorship by a prominent racing business at the mid year meeting and declined until we could set a policy about what they paid and what they would get in return. We wanted to have a set policy that was fair and open to any potential sponsor if it would benefit everyone in SEDIV equally. Saferacer does not have a corner on the HNR by any means so that is quite a stretch to play connect the dots. They had a full page on the back of last years GCR and just decided to step it up this year. Word is they were not prepared for this release yet and will have one out this next week. Lets see what they have before we go off half cocked. It is a small wonder anyone would spend money with us when they get attacked for helping.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Oh, that wasn't an attack by any means, Steve. Consider it a plea for consistency and transparency - not attributes that the Club management has impressed me with in the past few months.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    Oh, that wasn't an attack by any means, Steve. Consider it a plea for consistency and transparency - not attributes that the Club management has impressed me with in the past few months.

K
    I'm not sure Steve was necesarily referring to your posts, with the attack commentary, K.

Thank you Saferacer for stepping up your involvement with Club Racing

Marcus, who couldn't possibly conceive the amount of sniveling and vile hurled Charlie and Saferacer's direction over their increased sponsorship this year. Man, some folks will whine about everything.
    Marcus
    miller-motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure (and woefully outdated)
    1.6 ITE/SPU/ST2 Turbo Miata (in pieces... err progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Miller View Post
    I... Man, some folks will whine about everything.
    ...and I guess I'm not able to explain my concern.

Old and jaded,

Kirk

Just to make sure; that wasn't pointed your direction
    I totally agree with the concenrs over club leadership and some very questionable dceision making; I don't understand the venom hurled Carlie's direction... as a businessman, and part time competitor he saw value in doing it; if the other side will play ball...

back to the garage
    Marcus
    miller-motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure (and woefully outdated)
    1.6 ITE/SPU/ST2 Turbo Miata (in pieces... err progress)

Here it is

TOPEKA, Kan. (Dec. 31, 2009) – Sports Car Club of America announced a multi-year partnership in which SafeRacer will become the title sponsor of the National Club Racing program. The approximately 70-race National program will be referred to as the “SafeRacer SCCA National Racing Series” beginning in 2010.

“SafeRacer has supported the Club Racing program in various ways over the last several years and we’re excited that it has expanded its support to become the sponsor of the National Racing Series,” SCCA President and CEO Jeff Dahnert said. “One of our main focuses this year will be on developing partnerships that not only support SCCA’s business, but its participant members as well.”

As part of the sponsorship, SafeRacer will provide $15,000 in certificates to be distributed to class Champions in the nationwide point championship. The nationwide point Championship combines divisional Championship points and bonus points for the number of racers a driver finishes ahead of to crown one overall point Champion each year.

In addition, SafeRacer will offer direct product discounts to participants in the SafeRacer SCCA National Racing Series.

“We are a company made up of SCCA racers and we’re excited to be able to support our fellow racers with the SafeRacer SCCA National Racing Series,” SafeRacer CEO Charlie James said.

Racers competing in Nationally-sanctioned events will replace the traditional “SCCA Club Racing” decal with the new SafeRacer SCCA National Racing Series decal as part of the program. Decals will be available soon at no charge for the first set and will be required for all races after March 1, 2010.