Thread: 2009 NER scoring question

Default 2009 NER scoring question

Hi and happy holidays.

I need some help with the above. I raced the NER Schools Out Regional at LRP on 6/20/09. When I go to www.ner.org, select club racing and season results the race isn't even listed! Yet, when I log into online and look at registration, it's listed as an NER regional. If I then select NARRC, I see that I got points for the race.

I need to provide official results to Mazdacomp so that I can get a discount on parts but I can't provide them with my placing for this race. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks guys,

Best Regards for the 2010 season,

Bruce

Thanks, Dick. Any reason that NER doesn't list it with all the other races in their spreadsheet?

Ok Bruce I checked, for NERRC the LRP points are counted in the season points but when the points keepers posted the excel file they just got over zealous in "hiding" unwanted columns.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Thanks very much, Dick!!

Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
    Ok Bruce I checked, for NERRC the LRP points are counted in the season points but when the points keepers posted the excel file they just got over zealous in "hiding" unwanted columns.
    Thanks again, Dick. I have all the info I need for Mazdacomp. They will either take pity on me for placing so poorly or ignore me for being an embarressment to the marque.....LOL.

Seriously, though.....It will be nice to run a race in 2010 with both brakes and a clutch! It won't be long until we're back on the track.

Bruce - what car were you in?
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Andy...my beautiful yellow(screaming) 80' RX7(#10). Clutch went away during our short qualifying on 6/20 at LRP and never came back for the race. Had to drive in 3rd the whole way....LOL. In the August 1st(?)race at LRP in the rain my brakes went away but the real problem was driving off course to the outside of the lefthander because I couldn't see the track. I stalled and it took me 3 laps to restart the car.

The only good part of both races(other than finishing)was that when you lapped me in both races, you were very considerate...LOL. I'm looking forward to 2010 and staying on the track.

Well thank you. But it was you who did the majority of the work. IIRC, you stayed off line and let people know you were in a mechanical situation with proper hand signals. That is what the GCR says to do. It made it easy to know where you were. Many thanks.

Anyone have any ITA video from this year at LRP they haven't posted yet?
    Andy Bettencourt

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Well thank you. But it was you who did the majority of the work. IIRC, you stayed off line and let people know you were in a mechanical situation with proper hand signals. That is what the GCR says to do. It made it easy to know where you were. Many thanks.

Anyone have any ITA video from this year at LRP they haven't posted yet?
    It's guys like you that make regional racing so much fun. All I want to do is go out and have a safe, fun experience and make it safe for those around me!! You experienced racers are quick to share your information with those of us who know far less and that's all anyone can ask for.

Who will be driving the Honda next year, Andy?

Quote Originally Posted by BruceG View Post

Who will be driving the Honda next year, Andy?
    I hope to run it in a test day or two. Next year I will run at VIR, Summit and any LRP events in the ITA car while mixing in some much more affordable autox. Looking at a few karts for my kids right now.

If Steve turns his back during a Lime Rock weekend, I will steal it for the weekend. I see no reason that car couldn't run a 59.0 there.
    Andy Bettencourt

Great luck with all your racing in 2010, Andy....and Flatout. It's a pleasure to have you guys in the pits(and track)....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BruceG View Post
    Andy...my beautiful yellow(screaming) 80' RX7(#10). Clutch went away during our short qualifying on 6/20 at LRP and never came back for the race. Had to drive in 3rd the whole way....LOL. In the August 1st(?)race at LRP in the rain my brakes went away but the real problem was driving off course to the outside of the lefthander because I couldn't see the track. I stalled and it took me 3 laps to restart the car.

The only good part of both races(other than finishing)was that when you lapped me in both races, you were very considerate...LOL. I'm looking forward to 2010 and staying on the track.
    I remember coming up on you in the rain at Lime rock. I had made (I think I'm blaming jeff lawton) a terrrible tire call. It had rained on and off a bit all day, then dried. I went with dries, and knew I was screwed when I rolled into grid. It just opened up. Slicks. Uggg. I came up on you into big bend, and had to go off line inside...not that the 'dry line was anything great, LOL. Hit some puddles, I was sure I'd be buying you a new car ...you were SO close to being the bowling pin! Somehow, it all worked out and there was no contact, but for awhile there, you were about to be really pissed at me!

Thanks to Dave Gran and the iPhone app he found that showed me exactly what to expect for the 'wet' race at the NARRCOFFs... I chose "dry" Q tires for a wet track. Long race and sure enough a dry line developed.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    I remember coming up on you in the rain at Lime rock. I had made (I think I'm blaming jeff lawton) a terrrible tire call. It had rained on and off a bit all day, then dried. I went with dries, and knew I was screwed when I rolled into grid. It just opened up. Slicks. Uggg. I came up on you into big bend, and had to go off line inside...not that the 'dry line was anything great, LOL. Hit some puddles, I was sure I'd be buying you a new car ...you were SO close to being the bowling pin! Somehow, it all worked out and there was no contact, but for awhile there, you were about to be really pissed at me!

Thanks to Dave Gran and the iPhone app he found that showed me exactly what to expect for the 'wet' race at the NARRCOFFs... I chose "dry" Q tires for a wet track. Long race and sure enough a dry line developed.
    Just another example of a fine driver(you) keeping a rookie from going into the weeds, Jake!! I really appreciate how the veterans tried to avoid my learning process....LOL. The only one I couldn't figure out was the gent in the Bimmer Z3 who hit me at trackout after the bridge. I made a textbook(for me)braking point, hit my apex correctly and immediately went to trackout on the left coming onto the straight so I could let the rockets, like you and Andy by. He hit me in the rear and busted my right taillight. I swear that my left wheels were on the grass and an M1 Abrams tank could have passed me on the right. Someone later said that his tires were bad and he used me as a berm...LOL.

Thanks again guys for all your consideration!!

Not sure why that contact happened. Was that the race you were stuck in 3rd? I GUESS, he came down the hill, and was on the throttle, and mis judged your speed. Not a good reason...but I've mis judged things myself. heck, I did it at Summit this fall and took to the gravel to avoid hitting a suddenly slower than i thought car ....(took myself out of the lead after the fuel pump wires were ripped off the pump in the gravel, grrrr)

Apologies are in order, I'd think, for accidental contact. Sometimes people try to connect at the track and miss though.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Not sure why that contact happened. Was that the race you were stuck in 3rd? I GUESS, he came down the hill, and was on the throttle, and mis judged your speed. Not a good reason...but I've mis judged things myself. heck, I did it at Summit this fall and took to the gravel to avoid hitting a suddenly slower than i thought car ....(took myself out of the lead after the fuel pump wires were ripped off the pump in the gravel, grrrr)

Apologies are in order, I'd think, for accidental contact. Sometimes people try to connect at the track and miss though.
    No...that race, I actually had a clutch....LOL. I didn't even know who did it until I found that station 11 had recorded it and who was involved. Hell, these things happen, no serious damage....scared the sh*t out of me and I had to catch the car as it went into a slide(good practice....LOL). The only thing I would have done differently was find out who I hit and talk to them. Anyway...water over the dam, and like you said could happen to anyone.