Thread: TST - ITR Mustang Acquired

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is a great development and bodes really well for the future of the class...

K

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    This is a great development and bodes really well for the future of the class...

K
    And I'll talk the better driving half of TST into building an ITR something too. Maybe a Bitchinmaro for him.

Congrats on your purchase, Ron! The sooner you have it in competition the better! Definitely agree with others that all this bodes well for the class. In fact, I've a friend who is currently building an ITR Firebird. Just picked up the car in NC and towed it back to Ohio...He, too, is making the switch from an ITS Z-car. Look forward to racing against him...

Maybe before all is said and done ITR will look like A Sedan Lite, with a few imports thrown in for sacificial purposes.
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

Quote Originally Posted by RedMisted View Post
    Maybe before all is said and done ITR will look like A Sedan Lite, with a few imports thrown in for sacificial purposes.
    I hope ITR will have a large array of cars and if this board is any indication it will. Domestic cars have not been present in any numbers for C,B,A, and S. Maybe this will change for R, I hope so. With the cars classed on a fresh slate and proper classification process it appears that many cars have a chance in ITR, including some Ferds and Chevys.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 12-22-2009 at 09:35 PM.

Ron,

I'd be very interested in the weight numbers you get, since mine was in pieces when we got it. It's repaired now, but it was stripped when it went to the shop. I hope you get the opportunity to get it weighed.

FYI, mine has ABS, but otherwise lacking any significant equipment...nothing special in the build at the factory.

Thanks in advance,

Bill
    Bill Frieder
    MGP Racing
    Buffalo, New York

I haven't picked it up yet. The anti theft module was activated by the owner's employee repeatedly trying to use the wrong key to start the car. They had to take it to the Ford folks but got there so late nobody looked at it before the holidays. So, we shall see what happens with that. Once I pick it up I'll definitely weigh it all up and see what we come up with.

I don't think you're allowed to remove the anti-theft module in IT...

<runs, ducks for cover>

K

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    I haven't picked it up yet. The anti theft module was activated by the owner's employee repeatedly trying to use the wrong key to start the car. They had to take it to the Ford folks but got there so late nobody looked at it before the holidays. So, we shall see what happens with that. Once I pick it up I'll definitely weigh it all up and see what we come up with.
    My guess is that the car will weight around 3050, without floor mats.
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    Ron,

I'd be very interested in the weight numbers you get, since mine was in pieces when we got it. It's repaired now, but it was stripped when it went to the shop. I hope you get the opportunity to get it weighed.
    Alright, car on the scales now.

As it sits, with exactly half a tank of fuel, and everything including the spare tire (this is a non-ABS car, I think), it is 3117 lbs on the Intercomp scales.

Corners are:

879 911

667 662

F/R is 57%/43%

Hope that is useful.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 12-31-2009 at 06:15 PM.

So with a 180 lb driver that's 3300 lbs....2700 might be tough....gonna have to strip that thing down to bare metal.

Crosses are pretty good, and those are easy to correct anyway.

F/R is not so hot.

You might get it down to 55/45 with a fuel cell at stuff, but it won't change much.

Key to this car will be getting 2700 lb. race weight.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8