Thread: TST - ITR Mustang Acquired

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by RedMisted View Post
    Looking at your list, everything pretty much good, except that I've got the stock tank, a Sparco Evo seat,
    And the cell might not help, just depends on the stock tank. I'll weigh a buddy of mine's 12 gal cell that he's getting ready to put into his car. Then you could compare to the stock tank. I'd imagine the stock tank is steel and in the 25-30 lbs range.

On the seat you can probably lose weight. Sparco EVO isn't light at 19 lbs without brackets, and not inexpensive, so a lighter options can probably save your wallet too. A few of the ally seats can get you down in the 12-13 lbs range, with covers and brackets. I recently got a Ultrashield ally seat for my Lola replica and it is right at 11.7 lbs with the brackets and required brace welded on the seat - it was altered to adjust layback and lost a tiny bit of weight in that process.

I know the cage isn't adjustable at this point but how did you guys make out there? BillF suggested the cage will be a big deal and I think that'll be the case. Minimalistic but safe.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 12-25-2009 at 09:01 AM.