Posted this in the Mazda section before realizing this was probably the better place!

I posted this on rx7club couple of days ago and dude there told me to post here.

Wondering if there's anything the knowledgeable gurus here would recommend checking over? I've been around lots of cars but am new to the RX7 and rotary world.

I just bought a 79 RX7. It's red white and blue. Currently number 66. Looks like it was built by Adams Motorsports in AL. I bought it from a fella in FL. Looks to be in good shape overall. No problems that I could see but I'm really not that familiar with the RX7.

I'm considering another as well. It's also a 79 in GA. Red and green with the number 10. Anyone know anything about it?

Couple of other questions as well ... it looks like Hoosiers are the primary tire out there? Where have y'all found the best place to buy? Do local dealers tend to sell or mail order better bet? I'm planning to hit up some track days to get experience with the car before really racing. What should I expect from that? I went to the Bondurant school in AZ over the summer and have the letter certifying me for a regional license.

Thanks! I can't wait to get involved with this thing