Thread: engine blocks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You can update back date between all years on a given spec line. The ITB Golf 1985-1992 spec line includes 10:1 cars. Yes you can use a 10:1 motor. The engine blocks are the same, the difference is the pistons. You are not creating anything that does not already exist within that spec line.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

I know that, and most VW guys know that but what I'm concerned about is if a non VW competitor looks at the engine code stamped on the block and it isn't a 10:1 motor would they have ammo for a protest? I wouldn't think so but what does the letter of the rule book say? If I read the above statement, I can't swap in 10:1 pistons if its a GX or JH stamped motor. It sounds like I can take whatever motor assembly that is already 10:1 comp and swap it in there since the spec line states 10:1 is authorized.
    I know its trivial but in this thread: https://improvedtouring.com...ad.php?t=20471 there is quite a bit of discussion of whether he can swap out his 16v for a 8v. So obviously someone reads the rule one way and others read it another. I just want to make sure before I spend the money.
    Ralf
    ITB Golf GT

Big Dave, Albin & I aren't going to bitch..... being half of the ITB field, I agree it should have 10.5:1 comp......I have a 10.1 block floating around....
    "Nebraska organizing committees
    to race in Iowa & Ne board thing "
    Still working on a name...
    X-MVRG Member...
    ITB Rabbit/ITA Miata