Ditto. On the new FI motor on the TR8, I plugged all that stuff up and run two lines, one from each valve cover, to a catch can. Works fine and no intake leak if you block everyything on the manifold off securely. No issues on my car (so far).

Ron, you at the house? I've tried calling a couple of times to see if you were around.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
Tristan, I'd run them to a can. My Lightning truck also has a problem of putting oil into the intake, blower, and intercooler and over the years it causes a decrease in performance. One solution, as you've mentioned, is an oil separator in the PVC system.

However, this is a race car and the PVC system is purely an emissions device. You are allowed to remove it. Plug the intake side of the PVC system and run the crankcase/valve cover lines over to a can. You won't have an intake leak that way and you'll be running the same system that pretty much every other IT car does.

FWIW the 260Z had a PVC system but no longer. Intake holes plugged and lines run from the crankcase/valve cover to the catch can.