Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
Sorry, Matt, this is not sexual orientation; labeling something a "hobby" does not make it immune to peer and societal criticism.

And possession of driving skill does not make one immune to the effects of human physiology (and psychology). When one falls off the side of Mount Everest, one hurts only them self; however, when one falls off the side of Turn One due to the effects of basic human physiology, one significantly endangers not only them self but their peers around them. That is not "amazing", it's "selfish". Managing to avoid such effects is not "amazing", it's "lucky".

Ironically to your point, a very large portion of those that kill them self on Mount Everest due so from arrogance and over-confidence...

They say the single most-oft phrase heard right before an airplane screws itself into the ground is "oh, shit!" (regardless of language translated from). The second most-oft phrase is "Hey, watch this!" Just because one manages to throw them self at the ground in front of a crowd and avoid hitting it makes it no less a "Hey y'all, watch this!" moment than the ones that that end up in smoking piles.

Congratulations, and all that. But please don't do that around me.

Sheesh.....It's was a great drive. He was turning laps consistently faster every couple hours. His fastest lap was somewhere around the 21st hour. I agree with Matt M., some people just do it because it's a challenge. This was a well thought out effort.......I know that for sure. Yep DDG did it before .......Having been on the inside of some of their team work, strategy and just plain ol' common sense meetings, it doesn't surprise me that success surrounds them.

Let's just leave it at ......An amazing effort, congratulations...