Thread: 25 Solo @ TH

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Sorry, Matt, this is not sexual orientation; labeling something a "hobby" does not make it immune to peer and societal criticism.

And possession of driving skill does not make one immune to the effects of human physiology (and psychology). When one falls off the side of Mount Everest, one hurts only them self; however, when one falls off the side of Turn One due to the effects of basic human physiology, one significantly endangers not only them self but their peers around them. That is not "amazing", it's "selfish". Managing to avoid such effects is not "amazing", it's "lucky".

Ironically to your point, a very large portion of those that kill them self on Mount Everest due so from arrogance and over-confidence...

They say the single most-oft phrase heard right before an airplane screws itself into the ground is "oh, shit!" (regardless of language translated from). The second most-oft phrase is "Hey, watch this!" Just because one manages to throw them self at the ground in front of a crowd and avoid hitting it makes it no less a "Hey y'all, watch this!" moment than the ones that that end up in smoking piles.

Congratulations, and all that. But please don't do that around me.

Sheesh.....It's was a great drive. He was turning laps consistently faster every couple hours. His fastest lap was somewhere around the 21st hour. I agree with Matt M., some people just do it because it's a challenge. This was a well thought out effort.......I know that for sure. Yep DDG did it before .......Having been on the inside of some of their team work, strategy and just plain ol' common sense meetings, it doesn't surprise me that success surrounds them.

Let's just leave it at ......An amazing effort, congratulations...
    philstireservice.com 845-647-7407
    Hoosier/Toyo/Michelin/BFG Amsoil dealer
    Enkei Race Wheels
    Jongbloed SM Wheels
    Apex Race Wheels
    D-Force Wheels
    Race Tire Track Support NASA SCCA

I don't even want to think about trying it.
    Finishing solo is amazing, winning solo.... I don't even know what word to use....
    Jeremy Lucas
    Fast Tech Limited

Don't worry Greg, I don't really want him on the track w/ me or my friends doing a stunt like that either. I am amazed that NASA doesn't see the potential trouble with this, but many safety items result from someone getting hurt (The Cocanut Grove syndrome).

The hobbies comment is just that you can't take an objective look at car racing and tell me its all that smart in the first place. It isn't smart, but it is fun (at least to us). This is true for most any hobby.

This is a consistent bunch.....always tough on just about any subject.
    I figure the favorite line around here at this time a year is: BAH Humbug!
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

i was also at the 25 just competed in the 6, first endruo and all and even though we were a bit off the pace . we are going back next year and doing the 25 with 4 drivers maybe 5 no need to see how long we can last. and with great fuel economy, we plan on finishing on the podium in E2. we can go more then 2 hours on 10 gals . cant wait for next year

Personally I think it's crazy. After 2 hours I'm fatigued enough to climb out. We are planning on the 25 next year and with the new classing that came out running E2 in an ITS second gen RX7. Quite a few E2 cars are dropping into E3 next year

http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/enduro.pdf

you are right... looks like pretty much all of E2 is now E3, and they split, e1 and e0 into e0, e1, and E2
    Marcus
    miller-motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure (and woefully outdated)
    1.6 ITE/SPU/ST2 Turbo Miata (in pieces... err progress)