Thread: ITB noob...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yeah the brake ducts were full of snow from an off in the Saturday morning session.

I ended up racing on Sunday with a pair of blown left side shocks. It was an exercise in adaptive driving style for sure!
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Congrats on the Roc!

I ran an ITB Roc and then converted it to G Prod a while back. Unfortunately had to part with it a year or so ago. Just remember, there is a load of knowledge to be had with the prod guys too.

You could ask me too, but there are high and mightier people out there that can help you move up front!

Best of luck!
    John McFarland
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    #02 GTA Chevy Monte Carlo

Scott McFarland
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    #88 ITC Renault Alliance

Mentor, OH

Quote Originally Posted by John McFarland View Post
    Congrats on the Roc!

I ran an ITB Roc and then converted it to G Prod a while back. Unfortunately had to part with it a year or so ago. Just remember, there is a load of knowledge to be had with the prod guys too.

You could ask me too, but there are high and mightier people out there that can help you move up front!

Best of luck!
    Thanks John...

Since you brought it up, I do have a noob question (first of many, I'm sure): The car has 5 speed close ratio 3.6 with a Quaife... ...I plan to run at Road America, Blackhawk and the new 2.5 mile Brainerd course. A 3.6 R&P seems long; should I get several different R&P (or gear boxes) or pick one that is a compromise for these different tracks, and if so, what ratio would be the least compromising?

Thanks again!

Brooke

PM sent.
    John McFarland
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    #02 GTA Chevy Monte Carlo

Scott McFarland
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    #88 ITC Renault Alliance

Mentor, OH

Lots of people will tell you that you need a 4.25

I ran a 3.94 with the stock height tires, and the 3.67 with the short 13s. The only outlier is Blackhawk - I prefer the 3.94 with short tires there, and the 3.67 with short tires everywhere else.

My advice - don't invest in a 4.x final drive. Invest in races and seat time, and use stock 3.94 final drives with 14" wheels.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

Thanks Chris...

Yep, seat time is the ticket!

I have a set of snowflakes and a set of Borbet 13's... ...I realize that I can change the final drive with different tire circumferences; that being said, does a 3.94 ring gear fit on the same diff as a 3.6?

I'm sure a quick google search or STFA here would yield the answer, but this more entertaining showing everyone what complete and total boob I am...
    Last edited by Hoof Hearted; 12-12-2009 at 03:34 PM.

Yes they fit the same diffs.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd