Thread: LSDs - $$$$

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It sucks that you cannot run the 5 speed with OD then you could use the taller truck R/Es 4.37s 4.44s and 4.67s I hear that is the inexpensive way to go. Or run the R200s lots of goodies out there, JDM LSD go 200-600 on the drift/s14-5 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEL View Post
    It sucks that you cannot run the 5 speed with OD .
    What do you mean we can't run the 5 speeds? Uh-oh.

I like having a total of 4 shifts (counting ups AND downs) at PBIR

Wink

Sort of funny. I mean, how much longer can a four speed drum braked car be competitive in ITS? Why are we racing it anyhow? It is almost 2010 and this thing was penned 40 years ago, as was I.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    Sort of funny. I mean, how much longer can a four speed drum braked car be competitive in ITS? Why are we racing it anyhow? It is almost 2010 and this thing was penned 40 years ago, as was I.
    Kids, can't take them anywhere!
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post

I don't see the problem Ron. Shifting and brakes just slow you down....
    Chris Carey

Central Florida Region
    ITS/Vintage Datsun 240Z

Favorite tool to remove undercoating---- A curb!

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Sorry I thought the 240 could not run the late 5 speeds (oh yeah your not in a 240 duh! my bad )But seriously have you looked into that? The truck rear diffs are plentful and cheap. I heard that the OD box set likes the taller gearing and they are also a lot easier/cheaper to get. Sam N said somthing to me about that last year as an alternative to trying to fix/replace the comp boxes (and trick parts are available if you want to tweak/rebuild one).
    I think this is what Don Ahrens did with his car (not IT but very close in the drive train)

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEL View Post
    Sorry I thought the 240 could not run the late 5 speeds (oh yeah your not in a 240 duh! my bad )But seriously have you looked into that? The truck rear diffs are plentful and cheap. I heard that the OD box set likes the taller gearing and they are also a lot easier/cheaper to get. Sam N said somthing to me about that last year as an alternative to trying to fix/replace the comp boxes (and trick parts are available if you want to tweak/rebuild one).
    I think this is what Don Ahrens did with his car (not IT but very close in the drive train)
    Just an FYI. On the truck diffs, if you get it from a salvage yards you'll want to get the front diff from a 4x4. The rears are solid axle. Depending on the year/model of the truck the r-180's are available in 3.9, 4.11, and 4.38.
    Chris Carey

Central Florida Region
    ITS/Vintage Datsun 240Z

Favorite tool to remove undercoating---- A curb!

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."