Thread: Ito/sto

Default Ito/sto

With STO attracting more Corvettes built to Speed World Challenge specs, I am wondering which class the Florida Mustang drivers are going to run in 2010?

I can run either class with my Mustang, but with a stock based car I can't compete with SWC Corvettes. On the other hand those guys seem to be headed to the runoffs and will not be eligible for SARRC competition.

I am hoping for a championship race at the 2010 SIC. Which class? ITO or STO?

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion

Rob,
    If Item #2 for the proposed rule changes for the Runoffs is approved, it will be a moot point. STO will die as a class.

It states, "All National classes are invited to the Runoffs. If there are not at least 10 entries in a given class, a National Champion will not be recognized in that class"

Why on earth would anyone run a National STO race schedule and then tow their car up to Wisconsin, then when you get there be told, "Sorry, only 9 cars showed up, no National Championship race for you. You get to run a supplemental class race with no formal National Champion recognized. Too bad you wasted thousands of dollars".

I'm already registered for the "Quad National's" in January, with tentative plans to do the runoffs.
    Of course, we wont find out the results of the requested "Member Input" until February at the earliest.
    But if the proposed rule change takes effect, I may park the car the rest of the year in protest.

I sent my email to the CRB.

By the time March or April rolls around, I'll probably know what I'm going to do.
    Rodney Williamson
    www.titaniummotorsports.com

let me know what your plans are. i dont have to start racing SCCA national or regional til March.

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion