Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 85 jetta improved touring suspension

so if i buy shocks from e-shocks, camber plated from gc,springs,and spring perches i will be good to go?

for the unwanted wiring,if i remember right u can do that. i have the 07 rules im goin off of. that is what i had when i started. i can always go to the junk yard and get a wiring harness inside and for the engine at a junk yard.

Yeah. You can't - unless the wiring in question was not present in new cars when they were delivered (for instance if there are no power windows, there is no wiring for them in these cars).
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

i got rid of all the wiring for radio,instrument cluster,turnsignals ect. so i cant do that then?

so i have to put the wires back in the vehilce. cause i cut it all out. so go to junk yard and get an entire harness for inside and the engine cause both harness are tied together?

Quote Originally Posted by jetta87 View Post
    so i have to put the wires back in the vehilce. cause i cut it all out. so go to junk yard and get an entire harness for inside and the engine cause both harness are tied together?
    Yup.. If it [the GCR] doesn't say you CAN do something, you CAN'T (otherwise known as IIDSYCYC, which you'll see a lot of around here).. So, stock wiring must all be in place except for where the GCR says you can remove it - and those rules haven't changed in a while.. I'd re-read the ITCS before picking up a wrench or cutting tool again - nothing worse than having to undo something that you shouldn't have done in the first place.

And as for your plan to bolt in a cage... well... go back a few posts about buying a pre-built car - it will likely have a nice custom welded in cage, which is really what you want to be safe, and if you want to get the maximum benefit of the chassis stiffening.. That's the one place never to economize. And make sure both you, and your cage builder, study the most current version of the GCR before you start cutting and bending pipe..
    -noam

On racing hiatus for a while
    NER SCCA

The engine harness and chassis harness are separate. Just make sure you pull one from the right car. The early A2s have the CE1 wiring harness, with the fuse box under the steering column, the later ones CE2, with the fuse box above the hood release. They don't mix well.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

yea i have the fuse box inside the car. i got a frined at vw i used to work with that is goin to work with me on doin the chassis harness. it shouldnt be to hard i think? but u never know. i also have a lead on a parts car for cheap that is same as my car jsut a 2door

nobody mentioned ground control to this guy? I've had nothing but good luck with them and they are very reasonable.
    Chris

Unsquishable bug on the way!!!!!

what aout ground control. i need a suspension lol now

www.ground-control.com It's best to call 'em. Tell them what you're doing and what your budget is and they'll work out a plan for ya. Compared to Bildon at $1600 they've quoted me $1200, with the extra dough I can get the camber/caster plates and maybe a rear bar for the same $'s
    Chris

Unsquishable bug on the way!!!!!

got my new harness to put back in the car. and made it all nice and neat. and installed the insrument clust back in

You don't need the instrument cluster, but it is nice to have a fuel gauge, so don't throw it away. You can just plug it in to check the fuel level when needed.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

thanks. i will keep posted on what progrss is. hope to get running this year and do some tunning