Quote Originally Posted by jetta87 View Post
so i have to put the wires back in the vehilce. cause i cut it all out. so go to junk yard and get an entire harness for inside and the engine cause both harness are tied together?
Yup.. If it [the GCR] doesn't say you CAN do something, you CAN'T (otherwise known as IIDSYCYC, which you'll see a lot of around here).. So, stock wiring must all be in place except for where the GCR says you can remove it - and those rules haven't changed in a while.. I'd re-read the ITCS before picking up a wrench or cutting tool again - nothing worse than having to undo something that you shouldn't have done in the first place.

And as for your plan to bolt in a cage... well... go back a few posts about buying a pre-built car - it will likely have a nice custom welded in cage, which is really what you want to be safe, and if you want to get the maximum benefit of the chassis stiffening.. That's the one place never to economize. And make sure both you, and your cage builder, study the most current version of the GCR before you start cutting and bending pipe..