Excited about next season already..... recently picked up a ITS RX7. I have replaced the front bumper and front fenders and the hood is being realigned at a body shop right now. I see Flatout ans ISC both have splitters, but have also heard benefits of not having a splitter too. I have been told by some that the front slpitter is essential to cooling only...... others say that it is essential to handling if you have the later style rear wing. I drove the car for 1 15 min. session when I picked it up a few weeks ago and it did not have a splitter and the handling was a none issue..... I was able to generate more heat in the rears than the fronts and felt no push(would imagine the car would have felt looser with the splitter). When I drove the car the outside temps were only in the high 50's, so cooling was a non issue.

The oil cooler on the car is what concerns me..... it is lower than the later style front bumper I put on the car. I am positive the Flatout slpitter and ISC splitter will drop below the front bumper enough to accomidate the oil cooler.

Like I stated earlier a few( very fast drivers too) have stated that lack of spoiler is for them due to the fact of them getting ripped off during off's or things on track , like cones. These drivers have been black flagged and just got tired of dealing with the front. They have given the Factory Turbo Splitter as an option. I called Mazda Speed and the told me that there looks to be 2 options: 1) factory turbo one piece $320; 2) a three piece option that they where not sure what it went on but was only $135. The Rep could not tell me what it looked like and was not sure himself either.

I have also seen that Mazdatrix has a copy of the Mazda one piece. I can see that factory option does little for handling but does it help with cooling.

I'm sure this is a very old topic but this is all new to me coming from Specmiata.

greg