Thread: 2nd Gen ITS splitter.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

mine is not removeable.brackets that bolt it to frame,but not that hard to break/tear off if needed. steve e makes hardware/brackets to make it removeable. ralph

Mine is made of furniture grade plywood, covered in resin and removes with 6 pins (no tools required and can be on/off in 2 minutes. Aluminum mounts bolted to the body and splitter along with 2 center support rods. It's about as bullet proof as you can make them, been off track many times and you'd never know it. I had the Flatout splitter and I spent more time repairing the splitter, bumper and front fender as it was very sensitive to any off. I believe the ISC splitter is for S4 front bumpers only?

Some details and pictures on mine here http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.ph...plitter&page=4 - more posts later in the thread but I never did get around to doing the "how to" I said I would - got too busy.
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

Excellent Mark!!! Exactly the kind of ideas I was looking for. Thanks very much.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

We run both the 82 car and the 14 car without splitters... We have nice fiberglass ones, but decided not to install them. The fit was imperfect, and while we could have modified it to work, we decided we were doing ok without them. We also didn't want to screw with the setup that was working for us, and the issue of trailer loading is real.

I must admit all the splitter cars on grid do look better

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

For me the splitter is mostly a cooling component. If your really pushing the car on a hot day it is a must have... and i have a very nice cooling setup with a big oil cooler. My cooler sits well below the bumper and my ISC splitter accommodates it well. I like the ISC because it is very easy to remove however it is fragile and must be removed for loading on the trailer. Functionally the Flatout splitter is the best but it is more expensive and more of a pain to remove. I break a lot of them but i stick with the ISC because its a bit cheaper, light, and i already have the mounts for it.