Thread: Opportunity

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

<inhale> ... ... ...
    Matt Green

ITAC Member- 2012-??
    Tire Shaver at TreadZone- www.treadzone.com
    #96 Dodge Shelby Charger ITB- Mine, mine, all mine!
    I was around when they actually improved Improved Touring! (and now I'm trying not to mess it up!)

No. Not that Thursday or Friday.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

I can't believe it - Nothing yet... I sent an email to the company and am waiting on a response.
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

They responded quickly to my email. I guess they will announce the winner soon. I expressed my concerns and some ideas for them. I will not be entering any more contests with this company.
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

When I was "publicity director" for Northwest Region years ago, we did a race car show promo in collaboration with a tire store chain and radio station. They did drawings from entries submitted in the weeks leading up to the Saturday doo-dah. About half way through the afternoon, the radio lady came over and asked, "Who do you want to win?"

Huh?

"Who do you want to win? We have to give the prizes away so they may as well go to someone you like. Don't you guys know how radio promos work?"

By the end of the day, several wives/girlfriends (mine included) had won sets of tires, and a rally dude we all kind of thought was a jerk got a free Maaco paint job for his crappy van, because we were tired of looking at it being all raggedy-ass...

K

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    When I was "publicity director" for Northwest Region years ago, we did a race car show promo in collaboration with a tire store chain and radio station. They did drawings from entries submitted in the weeks leading up to the Saturday doo-dah. About half way through the afternoon, the radio lady came over and asked, "Who do you want to win?"

Huh?

"Who do you want to win? We have to give the prizes away so they may as well go to someone you like. Don't you guys know how radio promos work?"

By the end of the day, several wives/girlfriends (mine included) had won sets of tires, and a rally dude we all kind of thought was a jerk got a free Maaco paint job for his crappy van, because we were tired of looking at it being all raggedy-ass...

K
    And the title to this story would be.... "And Kirk Gets Introduced to Payola" :026:
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

OK, it's official and formally announced on the Race-Keeper website! Our own Jim Hardesty is the Race-Keeper 2011 Contest Winner! Hope you enjoy the system, Jim.

And thanks for the kind words.
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com