It is my understanding that some enduros that have a minimum pit stop length are using a software program to determine compliance rather than actually timing stops.
What I have been told it that the software takes your in lap, out lap and time in the pits and compares it to you best lap times 2 plus the time it should take you to drive thru the pits and the length of the mandatory stop. Penalties are assessed for too short a time after the race.
I am told that the ARRC enduro used this system. How many other enduros have been using this method? What do enduro competitors think of this method.
I see advantages of more even enforcement not relying on pit marshals with stop watches but it certainly take the emphasis of drivers doing a good in and out lap.
I assume the good teams are calculating the time it should take to do the two laps and the pit stop and running it like a TSD rally making sure they cross the line at the right time.
Please do not let this become a discussion of whether there should be minimum stop lengths. I already understand both sides of that argument.