I recently ran successfully in ITB and have now purchased a 94' E36 to run in SCCA. My dilema (a good one to have) is trying to figure out what and where to run? Looking for some advice from some you guys who have been doing it for some time now.

The ITB field is strong in the MARRS series and I will definately miss running with them. Should I prep the car for ITR and run it when I can or focus in ITS since the field down here is rather large in comparison to the 1 or 2 cars that run in ITR. The E36 we picked up has been fully built with the exception of a motor. We ran it at a test day where it handled fairly well but the street motor was tired and blew up towards the end of the day.

So now should we build an ITS prepped car to run with a larger field or build an ITR saving the option to run in ITS. Is the restrictor the only difference between the two in reference to the motor build? Can we run the car in both depending on the field size?

My point is I want to continue developing the car and build a motor for a class that has competition. I don't see the point in spending money on a car that runs by itself or at the most 1 other car on a weekend. Thats just not fun...

What would you do?