Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ITAC or CRB Board Minutes for Fastrack?

Default ITAC or CRB Board Minutes for Fastrack?

i was just perusing the current issue of Fastrack and was struck by various groups having minutes of conference calls;

Solo Events Board
    Road Rally Board
    Rally Cross Board

why isn't there an equivalent for the ITAC and/or CRB? is it the old adage about watching sausage being made?
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Quote Originally Posted by tom91ita View Post
    why isn't there an equivalent for the ITAC and/or CRB?
    Same reason IT races aren't covered in Sportscar?

What's IT? Is that some regional only category where they pick the car's weights out of a hat?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    What's IT? Is that some regional only category where they pick the car's weights out of a hat?
    Didn't get what you want, then pick again!

I would think that the minutes of the CRB meetings are in FT. That is the equivalent of the SB, RRB, & RCB. None of the other advisory boards have their minutes in FT.

Really folks, the idea that the CRB is "out to get" or "is on a power play" about IT is totally wrong.
    As far as the people serving on that board, the ones I know at least, they think IT is great.
    There are several vocal folks on this site and the rrax site that have a lot of "emotional ownership" of "The Process". Some of them have taken the CRBs reluctence to "rubber stamp" exactly what the ITAC suggested, as a sign that CRB members are power crazy or want to treat IT as inferior. The exact opposite is true. From what I gather their thinking runs along the lines of "lets not screw up" one of the best areas of club racing. Lets be very conservitive in using "The Process" as things in IT are probably better than in most other race classes. As far as any of the advisory boards go they are just that advisory nothing more nothing less. I am pretty sure that the CRB doesn't "rubber stamp" issues from other A boards anymore than with the ITAC.
    The heated debate which may or may not have gotten out of hand finally influenced the CRB to say "hold on lets get everybody away from the ledge and let emotions and hurt feelings cool off." (At least it looks like that to me.)
    All this gnashing of teeth and accusations in both directions the past few months have skewed what this is all about.
    I may be wrong, but what I see it being about... is Fun... Fair... Racing.
    It is not about a tool. It is not about "lead trophies". It is not about political positioning and power (as much as some might want to think). It is just about FFR.
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

i was just perusing the current issue of Fastrack and was struck by various groups having minutes of conference calls;

Solo Events Board
    Road Rally Board
    Rally Cross Board

why isn't there an equivalent for the ITAC and/or CRB? is it the old adage about watching sausage being made?
    the CRB minutes start on page 37.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Quote Originally Posted by IPRESS View Post
    I would think that the minutes of the CRB meetings are in FT. That is the equivalent of the SB, RRB, & RCB. None of the other advisory boards have their minutes in FT.

Really folks, the idea that the CRB is "out to get" or "is on a power play" about IT is totally wrong.
    As far as the people serving on that board, the ones I know at least, they think IT is great.
    There are several vocal folks on this site and the rrax site that have a lot of "emotional ownership" of "The Process". Some of them have taken the CRBs reluctence to "rubber stamp" exactly what the ITAC suggested, as a sign that CRB members are power crazy or want to treat IT as inferior. The exact opposite is true. From what I gather their thinking runs along the lines of "lets not screw up" one of the best areas of club racing. Lets be very conservitive in using "The Process" as things in IT are probably better than in most other race classes. As far as any of the advisory boards go they are just that advisory nothing more nothing less. I am pretty sure that the CRB doesn't "rubber stamp" issues from other A boards anymore than with the ITAC.
    The heated debate which may or may not have gotten out of hand finally influenced the CRB to say "hold on lets get everybody away from the ledge and let emotions and hurt feelings cool off." (At least it looks like that to me.)
    All this gnashing of teeth and accusations in both directions the past few months have skewed what this is all about.
    I may be wrong, but what I see it being about... is Fun... Fair... Racing.
    It is not about a tool. It is not about "lead trophies". It is not about political positioning and power (as much as some might want to think). It is just about FFR.
    As one of those vocal folks, Mac, I could get persnickety about the simple factual/historical errors of this, and highlight places where your interpretations aren't very well supported, but I'll leave it simply at, "you might think about talking with a few more people."

I worry that right now, you (that's the global "you;" not just you, Mac) can't count on what you hear from any one CRB member as being the "official" position of the CRB - or that others will hear the same thing from other members, or the same thing from that member at different times.

K

I would like to add that the CRB definately does not rubber stamp things from other advisory commitees. The majority of my customers run in either Touring or Showroom Stock. I have sent letters, been told by the advisory commitee members that they aproved said rule change etc, and then nothing......crickets......crickets........

IT is not alone
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Operationalize "rubber stamp" for me, Chris.

Are you talking about the CRB not voting "aye" on something that the ad hoc recommended, or not acting on it one way or the other? The former is precisely what the CRB should do if they don't think that a proposed change is in the best interest of the Club Racing program. The latter is a huge problem and if nothing else, disrespectful of the membership.

K

Kirk-

I agree... I finally got a reply to one request I made almost a year ago!!! While it wasn't what I hoped, and I totaly disagree with thier direction at least I finally got a reply for one of the requests. They, the CRB needs to comunicate with us, (the customers) much better. They can't simply sit on things for months and months. The system used now sucks, I don't see how it could be any worse. Also the communicated reply in fast track sucks simply because it does not communicate any reasoning behind the desicions. Sure some of us squeeky wheels get personal e-mails but... All the customers (members) should get the same info. With 45,000 members I am sure that some of us share the same questions and would benefit from a real reply.

Raymond "just another vocal customer" Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    Operationalize "rubber stamp" for me, Chris.

Are you talking about the CRB not voting "aye" on something that the ad hoc recommended, or not acting on it one way or the other? The former is precisely what the CRB should do if they don't think that a proposed change is in the best interest of the Club Racing program. The latter is a huge problem and if nothing else, disrespectful of the membership.

K
    Kirk,

I can only asume that it is the later because there has been no mention of the requests anywhere, not in the fastrack or in an email or letter to me. This is the kind of stuff that gets the black helicopter theories going! Some of the requests seemed to have been just plain lost!
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit07 View Post
    Kirk,

I can only asume that it is the later because there has been no mention of the requests anywhere, not in the fastrack or in an email or letter to me. This is the kind of stuff that gets the black helicopter theories going! Some of the requests seemed to have been just plain lost!
    Chris-

unfortunatly I would be willing to bet over 75% of the requests get "lost" unless the member is either a political friend or a squeeky wheelbearing.

Raymond "send in requests with suggestions on how the CRB shoulld change the member input process... It needs to get better" Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by RSTPerformance View Post
    Chris-

unfortunatly I would be willing to bet over 75% of the requests get "lost" unless the member is either a political friend or a squeeky wheelbearing.

Wow that is freaking cynical
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Why? Squeeking wheel bearings happen!

Try to laugh occasionally folks, this is supposed to be fun.
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

i think i actually read thru the CRB minutes and missed the title of that section. so i apologize and if there is a way to change the title of the thread, a mod should feel free.

however, the minutes section were not, in my mind, "minutes" as much as they are a list of decisions.

and since some of the information in forums and e-mails seems to be conflicting, there is no place in SportsCar that i have seen that has minutes of what transpired between the CRB and the various liasion committees/members.

and maybe that is as it needs to be, that is, if SportsCar cannot cover regional racing results due to costs of paper, ink, production, etc., they don't want details of who voted how and maybe fewer would volunteer for positions if they got grief individually for their decisions.

but like ray, i would like to know part of the "why; behind the decisions.

there seems to be things that are inconsistent such as the following;

ITB/ITC – Run the ITM 914 and ITC 914 through the process (Meredith). These cars are classed appropriately.

Touring/Showroom Stock
    1. T3 – Reduce the BMW Z4 weight (Leithauser). The car is at the correct process weight. We will continue to monitor the car’s performance.

one request to use a process results in a response that simply says the car is correct whereas another request to change weight says the car is at the proper weight per a process. i realize that these are different classes but it still reads odd that a process is used or not used based on what?

and if i had just read the table of contents, i would have seen the CRB listed! Doh!

CONTENTS
    BOARD OF DIRECTORS 1
    CLUB RACING 37
    CRB Minutes 37
    Memorandum 44
    Technical Bulletin 44
    Court of Appeals 56
    Time Trials Administrative Council None
    SOLO 59
    SEB Minutes 59
    RALLY 62
    RoadRally 62
    RallyCross 63
    QUICK LINKS 65
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Quote Originally Posted by RSTPerformance View Post
    Chris-

Raymond, we really need to sit down over a beer. You can't me more wrong. The Audi thing has been explained a million times to you.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

I have to agree with Andy. I found stuff I was asked to send to the CRB never got to them by email. Seems the system to forward or screen their email is a bit slow or broken. Ask the ITAC how much of their stuff never gets to them. Pick up the phone and confirm they received it next time.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    I have to agree with Andy. I found stuff I was asked to send to the CRB never got to them by email. Seems the system to forward or screen their email is a bit slow or broken. Ask the ITAC how much of their stuff never gets to them. Pick up the phone and confirm they received it next time.
    Note my original post. I have confirmed with Advisory Commitee members and still the CRB and or BOD seem to be the black hole.
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777

but like ray, i would like to know part of the "why; behind the decisions.

there seems to be things that are inconsistent such as the following;

Quote:

ITB/ITC – Run the ITM 914 and ITC 914 through the process (Meredith). These cars are classed appropriately.

Quote:

Touring/Showroom Stock
    1. T3 – Reduce the BMW Z4 weight (Leithauser). The car is at the correct process weight. We will continue to monitor the car’s performance.

one request to use a process results in a response that simply says the car is correct whereas another request to change weight says the car is at the proper weight per a process. i realize that these are different classes but it still reads odd that a process is used or not used based on what?

and if i had just read the table of contents, i would have seen the CRB listed! Doh!
    That's been my issue for a long time Tom. But I think you're incorrect in your assessment that there's a process used in Blake's request. Blake's request got the same, pat answer that they've been using for years. They will state that a car is "appropriately classified" or "correct as classified" but never provide the basis for that statement. There were several requests, several years ago, in FasTrack to let people know how IT weights were determined (this was all 'pre-process, IIRC), and there was NEVER an answer to any one of them. Nothing, nada, zip, zero. They just went into a black hole, never to be heard from again.

Blake's request was to run those cars through the process. There's no mention that they actually did.

Jeff and Raymond got the "The weight is appropriate as listed"
    Dave, Blake, and Mr. Uhlinger got the "The car is classed appropriately"

But how does anyone know what that's based on, or if it is indeed true? I think in Raymond's case, it's anything but true. Due to the fact that if you had a new car come along w/ pretty much the same attributes as Ray's, it would more than likely end up at a different weight (200# lighter if you go by previous discussion re: process weight).

Until some information is provided as to how weights are determined, "correct/appropriate as listed" or "apprpirately classified" are nothing more than "go away kid, you bother me" answers.

And given the way things have been dorked up in the past (vis-a-vis IT weights), no one on the CRB or the BoD should be surprised that people are skeptical when they read crap like that.

Mac,

I'm not sure where you're getting your information (back-channel?), I think you paint too rosy of a picture. It's been shown in the past that people have used their positions or political connections to push things through that should have never been.

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    I've always recieved confirmation of any emails I sent the CRB.