Thread: December Fastrack is out!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by GKR_17 View Post
    Minor yes, but the early 2.8 liter engine is lsted at 190hp from the factory. The later aluminum block, double VANOS is listed at 193 stock. The original ITR proposal listed the stock power as 189, but back-calculating it appears the input was 191.
    Grafton,

You went for the iron block hp rating not the aluminum block introduced in 1997 not 1995.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M52 and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_Z3

Josh and I have discussed this in the past. I guess what changed is the relization that the car is classed based on the motor not the VIN, and if the motor "is" different enought that you can tell by an open hood then the weight should be too. (I always thought the 50lb on the e-36 and 100lbs on the e-46 328 was because of the trailing arm/multi-link rear suspensions.) So then the max my car should weight is at least the 2765 (that's still 35lbs less lead than I'd have to put in it) that the 325 weights.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

James is right. I should have mentioned that the '97-'98 Z3 wasn't exactly the same as the E36 328i ... the Z3 has an aluminum block version of the same motor (same internals, same head, same intake, etc.) but was rated 1hp less than the iron block version.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Thanks guys, I just submitted it and was given CRB #238 FYI.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Good luck with that James.

I'd love to get some more ITR cars out there. I need someone to race against. Even if it's Mustangs and Camaros
    John Norris
    #07 ITS/R BMW 325is
    #07 ITS BMW 325
    Sponsors:
    GREEN FLASH BEER
    GT International BMW Service since 1976

I'll be out reguardless of how this goes. I know you need some competition
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

My bad, that motor is rated at 189.
    Per the process the early Z3 should match the 325 weight as you say, while the later should be around 2820 lbs. Could run either motor with the VIN rule, or the 3.0 for that matter, though I doubt many would want to run that heavy.

Grafton

Here's another question since some of our ITAC are on this thread. About a month ago I sent in a request to the CRB for proper weight specs for my 968 running in STU - never heard a word. What's the best way to get feedback on that question?
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion