Thread: December Fastrack is out!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by RSTPerformance View Post
    I thought it was against the rules to change a cars weight?
    Not a newly-classified car. It's all spelled out in the beginning of the ITCS.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    It's all spelled out in the beginning of the ITCS.
    Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    No changes to cars classified for 5 yrs or more. Adjustments ok for cars less than 5. It's in the ITCS.
    You both should definitely know better. Read it again.

The ITCS allows for weight changes based on on track performance after the second, third, and fourth year of classification. Not after the first.

Or is the CRB trying to call this an error? Maybe this is why we can't have a published process? Back to the old cloak and dagger system then?
    Last edited by GKR_17; 11-23-2009 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GKR_17 View Post
    You both should definitely know better. Read it again.

The ITCS allows for weight changes based on on track performance after the second, third, and fourth year of classification. Not after the first.

Or is the CRB trying to call this an error? Maybe this is why we can't have a published process? Back to the old cload and dagger system then?
    Not true completely. The 2005 RX8 is now able to be classed with proper data so they were free to look at the numbers. It still makes 215 at best and is well within the process weight compared to the cars it will race against. I do think the S2000 and 300Z need to be looked at. No possible way the 300 can run with the ITR cars at over 3200 pounds. It may go down the straights but is will never corner or race well. I will write a letter supporting Tristan when you get that car on track. I don't think we need to get too upset until we see how they match up. Keep in mind the fastest ITR car at the ARRC still ran a slower lap than an ITS car.

PS. I sent cheesecake to all the CRB members in exchange for the weight break. Especially after all the nice things I said about them in the last year. Yes, I am kidding.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    Not true completely. The 2005 RX8 is now able to be classed with proper data so they were free to look at the numbers.
    That's about as weak a justification as I've seen. Even so, that year isn't classed so it's clearly not true.