Quote Originally Posted by Tristan Smith View Post

Andy, what is that based on? Just stock horsepower with the usual 15 percent improvement?

Hey Andy, I know i am digging up an old thread but..
after doing some leg work, and speaking with Jeff about that 235 WHP that was used to class that car, I need to ask for a clarification. Was only one dyno test used?

My discussion with Z1 motorsports, one of the leading Z shops in the country, puts that power of a basic IT build in the 200 hp range at the wheels.

Here is also a link to the 300zxclub website where people put up their dyno numbers with, again basic IT mods. It again supports the 195 - 205 hp at the wheels, numbers.

http://www.300zxclub.com/showthread.php?t=78732

So how would I go about trying disprove the one dyno sheet (that I know of) that was used to classify the car weight?
Tristan - I don't know this for a fact, but knowing how the process works I would guess they used the standard formula for IT-prep HP; for the Z it would be 222 stock HP * 125% = 277.5, then using the generally accepted drivetrain loss of 15%, you would get 236 HP to the rear wheels.

As for proving the car DOESN'T make that much HP, you're in for an uphill battle I'm afraid. Of course, on the plus side the way the CRB is doing things now all you have to do is build the car and run 4-5 seconds slower than the top cars, and you'll be eligible for a weight break I would do that with the Camaro, but it's already too damn light...