Thread: Best Cars - You know you're getting old....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Best Cars - You know you're getting old....

When you get the new GRM and think half the cars they have picked as the “Best Ever” pretty much stink. Here is the GRM "Best 25 Cars Ever" list.

1. Miata – Hard to argue with success, even one that looks like a bar of soap.
    2. 3 Series – Good cars.
    3. Civic, CRX, Acura – What? FWD Econobox Turdmobile as a best car ever? At least all are on one line and not taking up more space on the list.
    4. Mustang – Been around the block and still gets it done, gotta be on the list.
    5. 911 – Enough said, it’s a winner.
    6. Corvette – Don’t like’em but hard to argue with success or big furry guys in with black leather jackets and gold chains.
    7. Camaro – The ultimate mullet mobile. Should come with a VH 1984 cassette. Got any rolling papers?
    8. Mini Cooper – Let’s see, a Mini raffle on the following page, me smell advertising.
    9. FFR Cobra – Ditto, NASA and FFR paid to get it in the top 10.
    10. Z cars – Classic. Done it all and can still do most of it. Good pick.
    11. VW GTI – I didn’t get it in the 80s, I don’t get it now. What is 'best ever' about 110hp in a box?
    12. RX7/RX8 – Classic car, great pick. Plus you get to use the word Wankel a lot.
    13. Subaru Impreza – Taking up space on the list but better than a FWD Sheetbox.
    14. SRF – It is ugly but popular, good pick. But didn't FV sort of start Spec racing?
    15. MR2 – Should be replaced by the NSX.
    16. Lotus Elise – What about the Lotus that put Lotus on the map, the Esprit, Elan, or 7?
    17. Mitsubishi Lancer – Jesus says enough FWD S-box.
    18. DSM – At least some versions of these had some balls. Best of the Shitebox picks.
    19. Dodge Neon – Shoulda been a GLH turbo here, something with balls. Neons are gay.
    20. Honda S2000 – My motorcycle has more torque. At least it drives the correct wheels. Nice try but no cookie.
    21. Boxster – Sure is better than a Celica, thumbs up.
    22. Toyota Celica/Corolla – FWD Econobox Turdmobile. And bests a Supra? Come on.
    23. Nissan Sentra SE-R – Another FWD Econobox Turdmobile. And ahead of a Viper? Nooooooo…….
    24. Viper – what the hell is it doing down here at 24? Top ten for sure.
    25. Volvo 2/7 – At least it is last on the list, I’m shocked.
    If the GRM picks are any indication, I'm old, over the hill, and out of touch.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 11-19-2009 at 08:41 PM.