Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bought an RV to bring Strippers to the track

Ben, if your coming to Pgh., let me know I know my way around there. Send me some pictures of your trailer, I can't remember what it looks like. :~)
    Last edited by dj10; 11-19-2009 at 11:13 AM.

Yahoo! We got a good one. Purchased this morning is a 1988 TravelMaster 36 foot tag axel with the P-30 Chassis and Chevy 454. Bought from a Marine Diesel mechanic who put more time and maintenance into this baby than I ever could. 75K miles, basically the most comprehensive maintenance top to bottom, drives with plenty of power and already has the towing hitch setup. Has a color rear camera, new stereo and all of the functions work. The gentleman gave a fantastic 1 hour demo of his RV. Even the awning looks perfect. 6.5 Generator, HUGE propane tank. Brand new hardwood floor and both pilot and sofa seats are new. Man am I happy - and for $5K - this is a great starter RV (although a mite gigantic). No television but hey - maybe that's a good thing.

About the only thing I need to do is have a brake controller installed for towing - the hitch looks great but I'll still see if the shop wants to beef it up.

Here's some pics of it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8969987@N06/4122221857/

Already bought a bunch of books about RVs to read but the two binders full of the original manuals and all maintenance records ought to keep me busy :-)

I checked with our local trailer shop and they will give me between $7.5 and $8K for my enclosed. So I can buy an open deck and the balance basically pays for the RV. Nice conversion. Even the wife seems excited. My kids are really pumped. Wish me good luck - I will be the guy towing slow and racing fast.

Hey Dan - I'll go take some pics - maybe I can do a better deal with you on my enclosed. Tops its worth $9K per the trailer shop, no less than $8K open market, $7.5 as a trade.

Now I just get to pay more for gas and get gouged by the track for parking the RV - but hell. It's a place to chillax.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Nice, Ben!! Strippers love a great stereo...LOL. I think you said that it has a 454ci.....great block. I have it's 8.1L 494+ ci big brother in my truck and it passes everything but the gas station! Guys(strippers,too) will be lined up outside of your door to get out of the rain at LRP next summer.
    Last edited by BruceG; 11-22-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Awesome Ben! Looks like it is in great shape.
    John Costello
    2009 Northeast Division T3 Champion
    2010 Northeast Division T3 Champion
    King Motorsports
    Hoosier Tire
    Chase Cam
    Redline Oil
    YEA YEA YEA......I sold out and now drive an SM and get schooled on a regular basis!

Some photos
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Just remember there are extra tolls involved to bring strippers across state lines from NJ to CT....LOL. Seriously though, some of the bridge tolls are crazy now for campers. $28 on the Tapanzee(sp) and $40 on the narrows., I'm told.....ouch.

Yea, coming up from Atalanta, I stayed outside of Washington, and did some sightseeing in DC. Which meant I was going up I95 etc as opposed the the westerly route with 81, etc. OUCH. States 3miles long nail you for $30+ bucks. The tols, by the time I got into CT were over $70 EXTRA. So, that sucked. Thankfully, all the museums I visited were FREE. So there was some tradeoff. kinda. Oh, and the roads SUCKED.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Great looking RV. I know where to look if I need some corrugated aluminum for front air dams on a race weekend...
    Anthony R.
    ITA #86 NER
    Honda CRX Si

The party will be @ -------------> Ben's RV!!!! ;~)

Hey - no peeling the walls of now! I hope this thing will tow well. Just bought an open trailer with tire rack, brakes on both axles - open deck so you can get at the bottom of the car and a bit lighter. $1500 with fresh tires.

Now to sell my enclosed and I've completed the transition - then to get the car optimized a bit.

Dan - don't think I can get pics today - just too slammed
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Trailer pics - how does this rate - good deal?
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Enlcosed trailer sold!

The transition is complete :-)

No moss grows under these wheels
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

OK - so I drove the old bus around and it is awesome but I wanted more power. Strippers wanted more space to dance around - so we bought BIGGER!!! 1995 Georgie Boy 55K miles with the Ford chassis, 460 fuel injected motor and Banks Power system. Selling the old bus and making fast cash on that - added an extra Three K and got this beast.

BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    OK - so I drove the old bus around and it is awesome but I wanted more power. Strippers wanted more space to dance around - so we bought BIGGER!!! 1995 Georgie Boy 55K miles with the Ford chassis, 460 fuel injected motor and Banks Power system. Selling the old bus and making fast cash on that - added an extra Three K and got this beast.

Strippers love a nice hot shower, Ben...really cool ride. I just saw a new 1080DPI 52" Sony LCD for $1295 an Circuitcity.com Just the thing for watching "educational" videos with them.....LOL.

Ben,

That's enough photos of the RV; now let's see photos of the strippers!
    Ed Tisdale
    #22 ITR '95 325is (For Sale, $15,000 with spares)
    #22 ITS '95 325is (Converted to ITR)
    #22 ITS '87 325is (Sold)
    #5 ITB '84 318i (RIP)
    Racing BMW's since 1984

I posted some pics but then was reminded by words offered to me by our uber hot head attorney - if you think it might be a bad idea, it probably is...

You'll just have to get in line and offer up you unworthy beer...maybe then one of those lipstick, scamtily cladded race babes might pull you into the coach...
    Last edited by benspeed; 12-18-2009 at 11:36 PM.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Ahhh - life is good. Sold the old RV and make a cool $1,000 for my troubles (owned it for 6 weeks). Considering I will need to buy 6 new tires on the new RV - I'm feeling the holiday spirit.

Unfortunately my wife received as a gift the GPS "Stripper Alert 5000" which notifies her cell phone the moment any tawdry clad, perfumed felines enter the coach. She will not tell me where she has hidden the secret transmitter - dang!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    Unfortunately my wife received as a gift the GPS "Stripper Alert 5000" which notifies her cell phone the moment any tawdry clad, perfumed felines enter the coach. She will not tell me where she has hidden the secret transmitter - dang!
    Why dang? Your wife likes strippers too? The more the merrier. kool....:cool:
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com