Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought an RV to bring Strippers to the track

Default Bought an RV to bring Strippers to the track

OK - so been on business travel for too long and started surfing eBay for an RV. Here's what I bought do to being bored and drinking too much beer in San Diego.

Y'all can come chill when I roll in with my bevy of strippers and my Porsche on the back of this bitch.

Switched my Flight from Newark To Pitt to Pick her up. Owned by a Dr who plowed tons of $$$ into it.

Might need to sell enclosed and buy an open trailer. Who wants my sweet 26 ft enclosed?

CHEEEERS - I'm swilling Heineken and feeling the love for next Season. This is all due to the rain in 2009. We'll see if it makes it back to Jersey after a 6 hour cruise.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...AQ:MOTORS:1123
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Default Rvs everywhere....

Not sure there's been a better time to buy a used RV ever........ Some really great deals floating around, on ebay. Surprised how little these things are usually driven "low miles".

Best purchase I've made to make the racing easier, and enjoyable to my outta shape, overweight self....... Just takes a little more time to get to the tracks. 6-5 MPG with my V-10..... Towing right at max capacity....around 27,000 pounds total weight.
    But stepping in that A/c during a hot day makes it worth while to me.

Strippers?....... Well, I make sure my Pin Stripping is done before I leave the house.

david
    30 year old ITS car

what no brass pole?
    John Weisberg
    BERG Racing
    Rochester NY
    203-556-0427

http://www.berg-racing.com/

Ben you are the man.
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

Watch your tongue weight. Do it yourself or have a welder triangulate the rear frame and hitch to avoid bending/breaking the back of the motorhome. Great Buy!
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by callard View Post
    Watch your tongue weight. Do it yourself or have a welder triangulate the rear frame and hitch to avoid bending/breaking the back of the motorhome. Great Buy!
    Chuck
    Ben, with multiple strippers, that's great advice. Watch your tongue weight!
    Last edited by lateapex911; 11-16-2009 at 03:01 PM.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

And of course all your fellow ITR competitors have priority getting by the velvet rope to the champaign room, right???
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

The real stripper transporter - http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/t...second&id=1249

Only $45k for all last I checked. Not sure if the Larry Flynt sponsorship is transferrable.
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

Ben........Looks great!
    Bring on the weather at LRP with that baby.....LOL. All your many friends just doubled with that rig in the pits.

Reserve was $3,500, one bid at $5,000. How'd you talk him up?
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

I saw that too! Maybe the guy is throwing in some special 'services" with the deal? Ben's usually the guy to get something for 3500 that had a $5K reserve.
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Ah, I see now, in the fine print it says for $3,500 the wife is included. $5,000 without. I think he made the right choice.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Yep - I might need to visit the dentist and pull a few teeth so I look the part :-)

I've been shopping them for a little while - I hit the buy it now to snag it. Got beat on another one that I didn't pull the trigger fast enough. Turns out when I got the VIN it's a 1992. We'll see if it makes it home to Jersey on the maiden voyage. The seller is going to go over it tomorrow so its ready.

We'll have a party in the Rumpus Room
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

It looks "cozy" in there. You got a slider ordered for it yet?

And, I bet painting it and getting rid of the graphics would modernize it too...you don't want the old strippers digging it, you want the young blood!
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan Smith View Post
    And of course all your fellow Porsche drivers have priority getting by the velvet rope to the champaign room, right???
    Fixed that for ya...
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

I have been bamboozled! But at least I didn't lose any money (other than travel). Rerouted my flight from San Diego to Pittsburgh instead of Newark. Got to Pittbsburgh to pickup the RV - the dude can't produce the title. This is after I have asked him no fewer than two or three times - you have the title in your hand? Each time he confirmed he did. Then he says he's got it in the house somewhere.....and this guy is a friggin doctor - doctor space cadet! Then he said just take it for $2k.....but this just smells like dogshit now and I want nothing to do with this deal.

I was like give me my deposit back and "drive me back to the airport shithead". Got my deposit back in cash and he drove me back to the airport. Half tempted to call the Pitt police and give them the vin. Lost about $400 in cab fare to his house, getting a room for the night at the airport and having to buy a ticket home. Chock this up to learning experience - in the future make sellers fax you a copy of the title in advance.

Damn shame because it was a sweet RV! I must continue shopping but now it'll only be close to home. No strippers - DAMN!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

At least you didn't collapse a bridge and slide off the side with it on the way home!
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    I have been bamboozled! But at least I didn't lose any money (other than travel). Rerouted my flight from San Diego to Pittsburgh instead of Newark. Got to Pittbsburgh to pickup the RV - the dude can't produce the title. This is after I have asked him no fewer than two or three times - you have the title in your hand? Each time he confirmed he did. Then he says he's got it in the house somewhere.....and this guy is a friggin doctor - doctor space cadet! Then he said just take it for $2k.....but this just smells like dogshit now and I want nothing to do with this deal.

I was like give me my deposit back and "drive me back to the airport shithead". Got my deposit back in cash and he drove me back to the airport. Half tempted to call the Pitt police and give them the vin. Lost about $400 in cab fare to his house, getting a room for the night at the airport and having to buy a ticket home. Chock this up to learning experience - in the future make sellers fax you a copy of the title in advance.

Damn shame because it was a sweet RV! I must continue shopping but now it'll only be close to home. No strippers - DAMN!

That sucks. Ben. I'm sure your title laws in NJ are alot tougher than here in VT(where if the vehicle is older that 15 yrs, no title necessary.

I was hoping that you would be there at impound(if I ever made it there) with the strippers to take the heat off any inspections!...LOL If you want to buy it for $2000, sell it to me, I'll register it in VT(then you will get a title) and I'll sell it back to you.....Can't believe that's legal...but it is....LOL.

Ben...I thought Dr. Strangelove jumped out of the bomb bay door on a B52. Guess he landed in Pittsburg!

LOL - Jake you must have seen that pic of the trailer hanging by a sappling off that bridge - think I burned one of my 9 lives on that deal.

Still looking for a stripper mobile - going to look at another one this weekend but the earnst is fading.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion