Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
Allowing RWD cars to use diff coolers without the same allowance for FWD cars is a post hoc competition adjustment. We're hurting gearboxes on the Golfs so there's little question that less heat would help them live longer, so leaving us without coolers puts us at an instant relative disadvantage. And FWD cars can make the same change (FD) to their gearboxes as the RWD guys/gals can to their 3rd members so "logical upgrades" applies.

What's good for the goose and all that, eh, wot...?

Hey - this creep thing is easier than I ever thought it would be! If I wanted to, I could just snip all of my arguments from past posts here.

K

Kirk, your reading this wrong... diff coolers means you get a trans cooler poor bastards with seperate transmissons are out of luck. I mean you are cooling the diff right?

Brian who can't believe andy just posted that. I know atleast 4 people with 5.13's and zero issues in an rx-7. In fact the only person I personally know that has had an issue is because bolts backed out. I think somebody is doing the rx-7 diff's wrong, or else the current crop of 2k dollar final drive gears isn't being done correctly. That really isn't out of the question as it has happened in the past. I've seen a 4.4 or whatever the good stock diff was last 24hours straight without a cooler and still no issues. Sorry but change the fluid ever weekend and you shouldn't be having issues.